icon

LED Scanner

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MielGibson 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
The only scanner wire going to the alarm should be the yellow one. The red wire should go to an unswitched
+12v and the black wire to ground.
Anthony1 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
 tried that still will not work.  I put the yellow and black together.  The light will come on , but only with the button on the scanner.  Someone else with the same led.  told me they have 5 and could only get the  led to work with the black on acc, red to constant, and left the yellow off.  Meybe the yellow is no good on my scanner.  How can I check??? I went to the dealer today, but it will cost me 1.5 hour labour.  Not worth it. That is more than the scanner.
MielGibson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
What's the scanner's make/model number?
Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
 CLA , but I do not have a model number.  I think it musty be the yellow wire.  Like I said if I hook the red to constant 12v the yellow to ground it lites, but vary dim. (almost off) black not hooked up.  I tried this on a varying 12v dc adapter.  When I turn the swithch down it will no longer lite.  So, what do you think.  -500ma not enough.  Would a relay increase the output of the acc wire on the alarm?
MielGibson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  
To test it,hook up the yellow and black wires together to ground. If it doesn't work, then the scanner is faulty.
Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
 It works like that, but I have to push the button on the scanner.  It will not turn on otherwise.  Is that what you mean????
MielGibson 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Some scanners come preprogrammed with several patterns, perhaps you need to set it up. Did it come with a manual?
Anthony1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
 no, the instructions where on the box.  But they were basic red-posotive, black-negative, yellow-alarm acc.  talked to someone with t5 of the same scanners, but they hooked theres up as follows, red-posotive, black-alarm output, and left the yellow disconnected.  He said this was the only way it would work.  Mine must be garbage.  I guess.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic