icon

2002 mustang needs more bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
decipher 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2003 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Alright gotcha now.. so I will split this off the amp that goes to the "super speakers" correct?
Basically, as I understand it, I will be running a IOC from the amp in the back that goes to the "super speakers" to my new amp which will power my subs.
Just want to make sure this is all correct so I don't fry anything and have to spend more money than necessary.
Still am sorta confused about the wiring diagram, but it doesn't really make sense to ask questions about it until I can get a better look at the amps later on today.
Thanks for all your help thus far.
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2003 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
After a long time of looking for something like this in the beginning (about 9 months ago) I gave up and redid the entire stereo. Now there's all kinds of things out there about modifying the Mach460! Here's a good "How to" article on adding the LOC's to a Mach460 system... Mach460
As far as wires go, you would splice the LOC's into the 2 black wires with white stripes and the 2 black wires with green stripes. The wires with the white stripes are the negative wires (obviously you would splice 1 of each for each LOC!).
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2003 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
ok i cant stand by and watch this any longer.
the mach 460 for 2001 and up. there are two amps in the rear... when facing the front of the trunk from behind you will have a plug with 3 wires. one wire is left one wire is right one wire(center) is remote.
on the other side of the amp facing the rear of the trunk you will have 8 wires GREEN/ black purple and pinkish/red. this is power and grounds. you will also have in the upper (right) section of the same plug with 2 wires included in the 8 that are output signal. blk/wht grn/blk (pos-negative). the amps put out a mono signal to both rear speakers or front speakers whichever amp we are dealing with which is low frequency crossedover buy the mach 460 headunit itself.
so what you have is 4 (front/rear) speakers powered high level full range. then 4 (front/rear subs)speakers powered low level off the deck also. all internally crossedover.
behind the HU you have the main harness 14 or 16 pin depends on if aftermarket harness is used. and also the amp harness.amp harness consist of 8 pins. two are amp grounds two are amp turn ons. two are pos two ar neg signal.
when making connections to an aftermarket HU you need a metra amplifier integrator harness for THIS SPECIFIC MODEL 2001 MUSTANG anything else will not work.the mach 460 changed its amplifier plug in 2001 and uses 1 less amplifier (2000 lower used a 3rd amp in front under the radio itself)its a direct plugin and partsexpress sells it. im at work now part number unknown.
buy using one power wire, one ground, and the remote turn on wire off either the amps themselves or remote from the car (you might want to use the remote from the car 12v seeing fords remote wires 4v puts out less voltage) you shall get your power.......
the speaker wires are self explanitory above. before the amp they are unamplified after the amp they are amplified.
thats all there is to the factory 2001 up mach 460 indash 6 changer. i can post wire diagrams for the amps and head unit configurations if necessary.
my setup in this vehicle consists of 2 bazooka el8a-hp amplified subs with factory everything else.power ground ran off the rear right amp. signal wires ran after amplification off both amps (the subs are dual coiled). seeing it is low level, i went with after amplification so it will produce a useable signal for my high level inputs of the subs.
alot of people write about how hard this system is to work on and actually if you get familiar with the wires and how it works then its a piece of cake. i hope this helps
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
I'll double check my wiring diagrams from Ford, but I could swear that the 02's went back to 3 amps.
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
not that i know of...i dont think ford has gone back with the 3 amp design....the sub amps power 2 5x7 speakers per side in a mono configuration. i take it they are prolly 8 ohm each to give the amps a 4 ohm load.i wouldnt think that an aftermarket ford amp would play at 2 ohms. an the 4 highs are powered right from the HU itself.
the 3rd amp in the 99 below powered the high speakers. which i find was a better setup.
wvsquirrel 
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
That would explain it... When I redid my system I used a harness to tap power, speaker leads (which I thought were going to the front amp), etc... but ran my new components from RCA. The only thing left speaker wise from the factory was the front 2 tweeters, which I thought was being run from the 3rd amp (signal being sent through the harness). I remember seeing something in the area that the amp would have been that wires from the factory HU were running to and out of, but it may not have been an amp. I have to pull my HU again to find a way to kill the vibration I'm getting, and I'll take a look to see if I was just imagining things (which has been known to happen!) I'll let you know if I find anything in the '02 schematics (had to special order them last year since Ford apparently doesn't install the mach460/1000 themselves)
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
1nicemustang 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2003 at 6:48 AM / IP Logged  
i have schematics for the mach 460 on cd if you need them.itsa 2001 but im sure same as 02
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic