dei 562t starter wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
atrus 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

Hi all,

I am installing a DEI562T in an '07 Jeep Liberty.

I have found the one starter wire in the vehcile. The heavy gauge relay though has two: Purple (+ output to starter) and Green (starter input from ignition)

If I understand this correctly, I am to CUT this wire in the vehicle and then connect each wire off the relay pack? I never did this in prior (older) model installs, alawys just tapped into the starter wire.

I'd just like to confirm before I go cutting it.

Thanks!!!

bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  
You only need to cut the starter wire if you want the starter kill/antigrind functions to work. If not, just tap into the starter wire with the purple wire from the relay pack. The green will not be used.
atrus 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

THANK YOU! I really didn't want to cut anything.

By the way, what the heck is up with DEI only giving tech support to shops? I just argued with a guy for 3 mins about it. He could have easily answered my intelligent and legitimate question in less time. Way to go. Guess I'll have to think twice about it before purchasing another product by them.

SO GLAD my co-worker told me about this forum! Thanks again!

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
this is because DEI can only be sold through authorized dealers. Also, to obtain FULL warrenty, a certified installer or DEI dealer must install the unit. IF you are doing it yourself its sure cheaper and you get to know the ins and outs of your car, however you do not get llifetime warrenty on the brain and relay pack.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic