icon

2008 escape lock wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
On this car there are two blue/green wires in the drivers sill. According to the wiring diagram I have, that is the correct color for the (-) lock wire. What is the correct way to test to make sure I connect to the right wire?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hook your meter up with the red lead to +12V and the black lead to the wire in question. Press lock on the door. If you get a reading it is the correct wire, if the meter does not show +12V it is the wrong wire.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
bbtaco 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks! I metered the wires and one of them shows approx. 12 volts at rest. Then when I hit the lock button on the remote the voltage drops for a split second by one to two tenths of a volt. The other wire shows approx. 0 volts and jumps slightly when I hit the remote lock button. My meter may not be able to catch the full reading? So the one reading O at rest and jumps in voltage when I hit the lock button is the one I hook the (-) RS lock output too?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
bbtaco wrote:
So the one reading O at rest and jumps in voltage when I hit the lock button is the one I hook the (-) RS lock output too?
This sounds like the correct one. A quicker meter would be the best way to verify this with absolute certainty. But it does sound correct. If you have an old fashioned bulb test light laying around hook it's ground to a clean ground and tap the wire, if the doors lock you have the right one. I do not recommend doing this on any other wires, just the one you said behaved as you listed. The bulb test light actually puts ground to the circuit through the bulb in the light. So if you test the wrong wire you could cause damage to the computer(s) in the vehicle.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2008 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
There is only one blue green in the actual driver's door harness though... find the correct harness. Blue green is lock/arm, and WHITE/ violet (or is it violet/white?) does unlock/disarm. Easier than using relays and resistance on the pink/white.
The correct wire will rest at 12ishV, and drop to zero when using the key in the driver's door cylinder. The switch on the door panel itself will show variance in the pink/white.
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic