the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2008 cts, alarm wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jayyzr 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

Anybody work on the 2008 Cadillac CTS lately. I am installing a alarm on it and need the door lock wires, the 07 wires don't match up... THanks

Taking It 1 Wire @ A Time...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
Most likely, the locks would probably be like the other new GMs.......Lucerne, Tahoe, etcetera.
DEI has a document about how to solder wires to the circuit board inside the driver's door, but I don't think it's worth the trouble.
I'm pretty sure Trilogix (www.bypasskit.com) should have firmware for their XK01 module for the CTS by now.
jayyzr 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
yeah had the XK01 overnight from them yesterday but  the cts dosn't have the purple #2 pin @ OBDII ( on board diagnostic connector????
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

the wire should be GREEN Pin # 1

This is the DATA wire, i double checked with bypasskit for their wiring pinout, and also checked with Fortin data wires and they are the same.

jayyzr 
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
pin #1 on  the OBDII? I ask b/c when XK01 is connected the light dosn't turn off when i turn the ignition on to program it
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
Did you order the XK01 directly from Trilogix?
Do you have a way to know what firmware is in your module? (Do you have the XKLoader cable?)
Does the sticker on top indicate which firmware it has?
According to their site, you need..........ah, I was just there and I forgot.....GMDL something........ if you go to www.xpressdownload and type in your kind of car, it'll show you.
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
GMDL6X is the firmware needed for '08 CTS...jayyzr have you tried to reset the module yet?
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
jayyzr 
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
I unplugged it for 5 mins then tried it again...
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2008 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged  
thats not really resetting. hold hte programming button, plug in the the harness and it will clear. then reprogram.
jayyzr 
Posted: March 09, 2008 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I will try that monday when they bring the car back.. I will let you know what happen. thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic