icon

Door wires 94 celica

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t96f 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
OK so I was hooking up my alarm and made a big Boo Boo,, was doing the iluminated entry and some how either blew the diode (where's it at??) or melted some wires... The door switch is not working the lights or binger,, I cut the RED / whilte wire and have power to both sides of it,, even with the fuse out,, HELLP!!!
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like either of your door pin switches are not sending ground to the RED / White wire when a door is open. Check that they aren't stuck or corroded.
Door wires 94 celica -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

BTW, you said you think you may have melted some wires. Did you see or smell smoke? Regardless, try rewiring the door trigger as it was before you installed the illuminated entry relay and let us know what you find

Door wires 94 celica -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
t96f 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2003 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
NO NO they passenger door one works great,, the drivers one doesn't work at all now,, did before I gooffed..... yeah was talking and grabbed the wrong wire and added a current to it,, smelt a small burning and a POP only small though.. Pulled down the fuse pannel but could see nothing wrong,, thinkin it's gota be a relay,, diode or a wire touching somewhere,,,,,
t96f 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
NO IDEAS?? some one must have an idea where to look,,,Door wires 94 celica -- posted image.
finnman925 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2003 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
The fuse block in that car also houses the convenience module - controls the locks/dome, etc. I have heard of this being damaged by install mishaps. You could run the driver's door pin to the passenger pin wire, but the key sense buzzer will no longer work. Also, there may be other issues if that module is not replaced. The fuses only protect the positive side of the circuit. If you shorted the ground side out with 12v, the module takes the beating.
Good Luck !
Brian
t96f 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2003 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
yeah but the locks still work,, and not to keen on leaving a constant power where there's not sposed to be... ahhh.. I'll look at it 2moro,, in winter storage any way not driving it....
t96f 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
OK got it down ot one issue,, I have no power toi my drivers side door switch, checked everthing I can think of but nothing seems to give me power had the whole fuse pannel out and looked as best I could,, pass side works ,, switched diodes around at front of door but nothing will give me power to the drivers door switch,, ahhG any ideas???
t96f 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Aparently not ahahah
2vmodular 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2003 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
the same WHITE/ green switched +12V lead powers both the passengers & drivers door.window switches.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic