icon

98 explorer, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nmhellraiser 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  

Here's every wire on this thing.  The 4 pin harness at the top I didn't use and they are described in the 3rd picture above.  Do i need a relay on the starter wire then?  Here's the pic.

https://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q310/txhellraiser/alarm3.jpg

prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
it doesn't look like there is a start activation wire on this one.You don't need a relay on the start wire.Just for sh--t's and giggles,did you check both 30a fuses?Did you check the start wire from the unit to see if it's getting 12v when you try to remote start it?
nmhellraiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't checked the remote start wire to see if it's getting voltage but I would assume it isn't b/c it's not cranking the car over.  Both the fuses are good.  I checked them before I stuffed everything up in there.  I would think if they were blown, the keyless entry wouldn't work.  The only other wire I didn't hook up was the orange wire on the main power harness.  It's the one for HVAC output.
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:16 AM / IP Logged  
that orange wire is an accy wire,won't keep it from starting.i mentioned the fuses because one is for keyless and the other for remote start.I don't know what else to tell you,fuses are good,antenna plugged in all the way,tach is learned and no flash of parking lights for trouble shooting.do you have to press the button twice on the remote?maybe just a defective unit.
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:25 AM / IP Logged  
BLACK w/WHITE: Saftey (Red Handled ) Control Switch
The BLACK w/ WHITE wire provides ON-OFF control of the Remote Starter. When the BLACK w/ WHITE wire is
switched to a full time ground, the CA500 Remote Start Module is operative. When the BLACK w/ WHITE wire is
open, the remote starter is disabled. Connect the BLACK w/ WHITE wire to one of the wires from the back of
the previously mounted Safety (Red Handled) control switch. Connect the remaining wire of the control switch to
chassis ground. Always try to mount the switch so that the ON position is in an upward or toward the driver
prdjr165 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:30 AM / IP Logged  
on page 12 there is a trouble shooting guide,see if you can find anything out there.
nmhellraiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 2:59 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah disregard all the nonsense I just wrote in here.  It was hooked up correctly to begin with.  It would help it I knew how to work the damn remote.  You have to hit the button twice for it to start.  It started turning over but no fire so I put the key in the ignition and hit the button and it fired right up.  I guess I do have some sort of PATS or something on this thing.  Any advice on how to solve that problem.  Not having to keep the key in the ignition for it to start?
nmhellraiser 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2008 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Well I woke up this morning and my car was dead.  Any reason this would happen?  Also, is there a simple way to keep the key with pats on it somewhere in the car and just use the remote start and a generic key to put in the ignition?  Thanks.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic