the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Autopage RS 750 - Need Lots Of Help!!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
To get the resistence value: Strip back the Black wire. Start the car with the key, then cut the yellow passlock wire. strip back the key side of the yellow wire and take a DMM and put one lead on the key side of the yellow wire and the other on the Black wire. Record the resistence, then reverse the two leads and record the resistence. Use the higher of the two resistences recorded as your resistence and then set up the relay diagram using a resistor or a trimpot.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
RaveChild 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Does the IPPME - GM Learnable Passlock Bypass Kit work? 
jrilla 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2003 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, but why would you get one of those when you already have everything you need and it would only take a few minutes to install it. I have heard of instances where they dont work though. How are the resistors set up? Are they in two different locations, or right next to each other? This is really a simple thing to do having everything you need in front of you and all. Have you looked ay the diagram I suggested? Do you have any questions about it? All of the wires are alrady tapped for you.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 4:06 AM / IP Logged  
the resistors are in two locations.  When i get home from work today i will make you a diagram of how the relays and resistors are wired.
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

This is the current configuration of the relays.  After looking at the diagram that you posted this doesnt look right at all.  Do you have any idea why they would have done it like this??

Autopage RS 750 - Need Lots Of Help!! - Page 2 -- posted image.

jrilla 
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure that the thing by the starter wire in the upper right hand corner of the diagram is not actually a diode instead of a resistor? Sorry if I have insulted your intelligence I just cant imagine it is a resistor.
That should work though. I am not sure why it doesnt work for you. Maybe you need to diode isolate the ground out when running wire from the Autopage.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  
it could be a diode, it has heat shrink over it.  i just assumed that it was a resistor.  But if you notice, there is no 12v+ going to any of the relays.  Dont they need that power to operate??  Also why does this seem so complicated compared to the diagram you posted??
jrilla 
Posted: March 17, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
Both diagrams do essentially the same thing. The power going to your relays is coming from the Ignition and the starter. If you look at diagram #1 on that page of mine i show in the simplest way how it works. The passlock computer needs to see the resisitence while the ignition is on, but during cranking, the bulb test wire needs to be grounded, and then after cranking, the computer needs to see the resisitence again, at least for a little while. All three diagrams do this, yours just added a relay to mine because it does not use the Passlock ground wire which is the black wire in the harness. Instead yours uses chassis ground. I am not sure why yours doesnt work anymore though. my guess is that either a connection is now bad, or more likely, there is something installed improperly. It is somewhat difficult to trouble shoot.
I am not sure what to tell you, I would just go try and figure out where the problem lies. Well actually I would just redo the bypass if I was dealing with it so at least i would know for sure that the bypass was right, then go from there. Remember if you decide to use my diagram that pin 30 and 87a on the relay on the left just need to be switched. Keep us posted.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
RaveChild 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 7:01 AM / IP Logged  

the remote start is up and running, finally.  Now I have a couple of new problems.  How do I wire in my remote trunk release?  Right now I have the grey wire from the alarm going to the BLACK/ white wire in the keyless module, but it doesnt work.

Also my alarm is telling me that the trunk or hood is open all the time even though it's not.

Any ideas?

jrilla 
Posted: March 22, 2003 at 7:36 AM / IP Logged  
You need to use a relay for the trunk release.
I believe that the the transmitter flashes the trunk and the hood because that was the last intrusion detected. I think it will remember the intrusion and flash it for awhile to remind you, I really havent looked into that very much. I would just wait to see what happens.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic