icon

intelliguard 950 siren

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stru8n 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 8:55 AM / IP Logged  
ok i checked all my wiring and it is deffo set up properly also took all the tape of the siren wires and stuff to check for bad wires all are good im going to see if the alarm installers near me have a siren i can test before i buy a new one. cheers
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
stru8n wrote:

No i dont have a cliffnet cable for my alarm to check the settings.

I meant checking the settings thru the valet button and the progamming grid listed in the owners manual.

Or is that not available in the UK? I am just assuming it is.

Howie: I have only had problems with the tach, nothing else in cliffnet.  Are there other bugs I am not aware of? I personally love the cliffnet.

stru8n 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
OmarR wrote:
[QUOTE=stru8n]

No i dont have a cliffnet cable for my alarm to check the settings.

I meant checking the settings thru the valet button and the progamming grid listed in the owners manual.

Or is that not available in the UK? I am just assuming it is.

hi omar. i dont think it is avalible with the valet button even if it was i cannot hear the confirmation chirps so i am kind of screwed lol cheers

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Omar of course it's available here but the installer section, which doesn't actually concern the siren is only available to people like me. I stil say we have a wiring fault, all the plugs only go one way and are colour coded.
OmarR 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

Ok...I mean accessing the users programming grid, NOT the installers programming grid.

All the siren modes (at least in the U.S) are in the users grid. If all siren tones are turned off and long term silence chirping is turned on, the alarm will emit NO sound, whether it be arm/disarm or panic.

If this is the case, stru should at least try entering the users grid using the valet code. The siren will chirp once and the LED will glow solid.

If he doesn't get that single chirp, at least we can then move on to faulty siren or faulty wiring.

OmarR 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

Ok. I finally went and downloaded the user manual.

I am starting to see the differences between U.S and UK.

Howie, there are no siren options in the installers menu for the 950? If not, then I agree with you, this is a wiring issue. For the siren to not arm/disarm chirp AND not panic definitely sounds like wiring problems.

stru8n 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

ok i have tryed going in to menu with valet button but still no chirps.

like howie said the plugs are mostly coulor coded the siren plug has a red 2 pin plug for constant power/ground and then there is a plug from the intellistart to the siren wire that then plugs in to the brain and this plug is a 3 pin one im assuming its the same kind of plug that is used with the cliffnet cable because there is a few places this can be plugged in on both units its a rectangular shape with cut edjes on one side with 3 pins. i have tryed this on most of the plugs that accept it but still nothing.

so i think my siren is broke

thanks

stru8n 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Hi howie i need to ask a question i am intrested in putting the turbo timer output on my alarm to good use can you advise me the best way to do this thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
Take one of your unused aux outputs such as the RED / white, set it to timed, 1+minute, run to 85 on relay, 86 and 87 permanent live via a 30amp fuse, 30 to ign side of ign, then whilst engine is running press trunk release button to activate aux, remove key and vehicle will run for a minute.
stru8n 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2009 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
ok thank you howie one more question i see you said the 950 is basically the same as a 650 mk2 ? will the install guide be the same as i cant seem to get one for the 950 thanks for your time and knowledge
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic