icon

2009 accord, unlock double pulse

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chriswallace187 
Gold - Posts: 1,661
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2008 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Here's a question for everyone else here on the subject of Accord factory alarms and their disarm wire.
Has anyone here consistently been able to just connect an FAD output to the key cylinder disarm wire at the driver's door module, and not had the customer complain of false alarms? If so, what brand/model of RS were you using for that install?
I've done various Accords of the past 3 generations('98 and up) and whenever they've got a factory alarm it never seems to disarm with just a ground on that wire. It will disarm if it sees the actuator move to "unlock" at that time, so I end up just unlocking the driver's door while pulsing the disarm wire, and re-locking with crank.
I meant to mention as well that on the '08 I did recently, that key cylinder unlock wire wouldn't do anything unless the actuator was in the unlocked position, even if you applied a hundred pulses or grounded it for minutes.
C Renner's Auto Electronix
My service is cheap, quick, and good - pick any two
wblakes 
Copper - Posts: 202
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
i've done a number of Accords with various brand of alarm/remote start and that white disarm wire always disarm the factory alarm before remote starting. i always tap into the disarm wire near the key cylinder at the driver's door instead of using tapping into one of the wires at the main switch in the driver's door.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2009 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hey ktn419, make you are looking in the installation manual and not the owners manual. Big difference in the two. Also, did you install this alarm, or did someone else install it?
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic