icon

toyota venza, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mike1080 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
i have done alot of toyota push buttons over the last 2 years, but the venza is different.  i have always used the fortin keyoverride sl-2 or keyoverride-all and never had an issue.  now with the venza, fortin is saying you have to lose one of the remote keys.  has anyone done a push button venza without losing a key?  as far as i know, i-datalink and dei don't make anything.  anyone who may have done one and can help it would be appreciated.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Toyota has changed the way their immobilizer encryption works on most 2009 models, depending on production date.
I thought nobody had figured out their new system yet, but Fortn's site says that the Venza is now supported:
https://ifar.ca/en/vehicles/toyota/venza/2009/
By the way, I used to use the key-override-sl2, but give the key-override-all a try on your next pushbutton Toyota. Faster install, no relays required, instructions come with the package, and it only costs a little bit more.
I would call Fortin a second time and verify that the key-override-all really works on the Venza now, and ask for sure if you need to lose a key or not.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

it works you need to flash it the key overide-all to  a different software. You will defentlly loose a key wich is one of the remotes it self. Here is the manual for the 2009 Venza.

https://ifar.ca/en/download/904/key-override-all_toyota_venza_%282009%29.rev-a.pdf

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Chris Luongo wrote:
By the way, I used to use the key-override-sl2, but give the key-override-all a try on your next pushbutton Toyota. Faster install, no relays required, instructions come with the package, and it only costs a little bit more.

thanks for pointing that out and only 2 diodes as well

that will be a time saver

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2009 at 9:46 PM / IP Logged  
BNLUIS wrote:

it works you need to flash it the key overide-all to  a different software. You will defentlly loose a key wich is one of the remotes it self. Here is the manual for the 2009 Venza.

https://ifar.ca/en/download/904/key-override-all_toyota_venza_%282009%29.rev-a.pdf

Ah, thank you bnluis, that's what I was looking for.
That's good to know.....so they still don't have the immobilizer figured out yet, then.
For the Venza, the key-override-all is just to help out with controlling some of the circuits in the car, and to allow take-over without having to shut down the car first.
ricardoboston 
Copper - Posts: 268
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2009 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

i need an idea about a 2009 toyota venza please. i need to know if  the 2009 venza regular key . its not smart key   its not push button start   .works with  bypass transporder 556uw ,i will give up one key not problem thanks

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2009 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  
You can use a 556UW in any key Toyota. It works fine...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic