icon

2000 jeep cherokee, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
i was installing at viper 971 on a 2000 jeep cherokee and ran into a few problems. fist which was wired when i hoked up the satelite relay pack it started all by itself without touching the remote. so i thought it was the pack so i had a nother viper and swapped it out and it was fine. just thought it was wired and wanted to see if ever happened to any of you.
   no heres the problem i used a bypass( jdl-pk) and i get the car to remote start and unlock but it wont lock. i check the conection to the bypass and it is ok, also for some reason everytime i turn the car on about 7 sec after the horn beeps 3 times and the same thing when i turn the car off. when i disconnect the bypass it stops. i was goin to change it out for the xk531 anyone have sucsess with this one
   and finally when it does remote start the airbag and abs light go on. but when started with the key its fine. do i have to energize more ign or acc wires in the car.
sorry for the long post
but thanks for your help
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,674
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.BatteryRED(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Ignition 1BLUE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Ignition 2BLACK/ ORANGE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Accessory 1BLACK/ WHITE(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Starter 1YELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Anti-Theft TypeDAIMLER SENTRY KEYŽ VEHICLE IMMOBILIZER
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Anti-Theft DescriptTHE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Key SensePINK/LIGHT BLUE(-)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Neutral SafetyYELLOW(+)IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.TachometerGRAY(-)AT IGNITION COIL
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Parking LightsBLACK / YELLOW(+)AT VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Brake LightsWHITE/ TAN(+)AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
2000 jeep cherokee, remote start -- posted image.Reverse LightsBROWN / GREEN(+)IN HARNESS AT LIGHT
carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
thanks . but i have the wire codes just wasnt sure of what was causing the problems that i was having
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2009 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

That happened to me also with the door locks not locking and the 3 beeps.  It took me about an hour to realize what it was.  The problem is your door lock outputs on your remote starter unit must "flip Flop"  what that means is when you press unlock for instance, one wire is negative and the other wire throw out a positive. When you press lock the opposite happens. The JDL-PK only wants to see the negative pulses not the positive, You need to place diodes on both the lock and unlock wires, this will block the postitive pulses. The JDL-PK manual actually says that in the tech notes box. The stripe on the diodes face back towards the alarm module not the JDL-PK. You need one diode per doorlock wire.

As far as the airbag light going on, one of your ignition or accessory wires are not being powered up correctly. Use the wiring chart above and double check your connections with a meter.

carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks but i think im gonna go with another bypass to be safe already had a problem with the relays.i took it all off and did it again is ther a 2nd acc that has to be powered or something
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  

I would check your ignition wires with a meter and make sure how they are firing up, as a accessory or ignition. I would check this with the key first. I would start with the BLACK/ orange wire. One site lists it as a ignition the other as an accessory.

As for the bypass, you can check to see if its good by disconnecting the doorlock wires from the module and tapping each one individually to ground. Thats how I figured out I needed diodes. THEN i read it in the manual....

carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks alot when i get the car back ill try that. is the diodes the reason for the horn honking also?
so you dont think i need the other bypass
thanks
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

No, I know you won't need a new bypass. you definitly need to add diodes. The manual even mentions 3 horn honks here:

When testing Door Lock functionality:- if either Lock or Unlock does not function when testing and the

Horn sounds 3 times. Try adding 2 Diodes or 2 relays to correct the issue.

That was directly from the manual of the JDL-PK. Add those diodes with the lines facing the alarm brain and you'll be good to go.

carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2009 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
so i have to swap the gren and blue dor lock wires and add diodes to both wires?
and you said for the abs light double check the ign wires again casuse the codes that i have could be wrong?
i didnt see anything like that in the directions i looked at them again maybe have an old copy
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 3:34 AM / IP Logged  

here is a link to the manual for The JDL-PK module, it says it on the very bottom:

http://bypasskit.com/getdocument.aspx?documentid=353

As for doorlock wires:

green on the viper goes to the green lock wire on the JDL-PK through the diode

blue on the viper goes to  green unlock wire on the JDL-PK  through the diode

As for the ABS light it is caused by an ignition or accessory wire not firing up correctly during remote start. Its not the JDK-PK causing this.  Remember the remote starter needs to duplicate the key. Take readings of the ignition wires while turning the key, take note on which are ignition and which are accessory, then start remote starting and make sure with your meter that they are behaving the same way. You definitely have some wire at the ignition harness not duplicating what the key does when remote starter. Fix that and away goes your ABS problem :o)

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic