icon

2000 jeep cherokee, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks . yea i looked up the instructions yesterday. maybe i have an old sheet it came with but didnt say that. i should have looked it up that day save me some headaches.lol
just to clarify with the locks both of the lock wires form the viper are being connected to the 1 green lock wire on the JDL-PK thru 2 resistors right?
one other thing is there anyother way to do the parking lights . i went to 3 diff radio shacks and none of them have a 1500ohm resistor. should i just tap in to the hazard wire and switch the parking lights to pulse instead of constant?
thanks for your help.
loneranger 
Copper - Posts: 572
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

carguy411 wrote:
... should i just tap in to the hazard wire and switch the parking lights to pulse instead of constant?

The hazards flash by themselves, regardless of the type of input.

Ideal - cmon dude, add to topics in a useful manner, not stuff that is obvious.
Story - Phzzzt! Hey, what happened?! ... Isn't it obvious?
Moral - Never dismiss the obvious.
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
i always use the parking light relay right above the fuses in the drivers side fuse box.  there are a few relays there.  you can verify you have the right relay by pulling them one at a time then checking if the parking lights went out.  you need to look at the actual parking lights outside, not the dask lights. dash lights will stay on with the parking light relay pulled.  then you need to set the viper to negative parking lights.  With the parking light relay out you can test to see witch terminal goes to negative when turning the switch on and off.  at that piont I usually use a "fuse tap" around the matching leg of the relay and plug my relay back in. I then connect my negative parking ight wire to the fuse tap.  Easy as can be, the negative parking light wire will now turn on the parking light relay, thus turning on the parking lights I don't like using the hazard wire because of the blinking parking lights. I like the lights on steady
carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 10:30 PM / IP Logged  
flobee4 wrote:
i always use the parking light relay right above the fuses in the drivers side fuse box.  there are a few relays there.  you can verify you have the right relay by pulling them one at a time then checking if the parking lights went out.  you need to look at the actual parking lights outside, not the dask lights. dash lights will stay on with the parking light relay pulled.  then you need to set the viper to negative parking lights.  With the parking light relay out you can test to see witch terminal goes to negative when turning the switch on and off.  at that piont I usually use a "fuse tap" around the matching leg of the relay and plug my relay back in. I then connect my negative parking ight wire to the fuse tap.  Easy as can be, the negative parking light wire will now turn on the parking light relay, thus turning on the parking lights I don't like using the hazard wire because of the blinking parking lights. I like the lights on steady
yea i do to thats y i wasnt sure with the hazards but this def is a good thing to know and i will deff look into it.
was i right on the above post on the door locks that both wires from the alarm get connected to the one wire on the dypass and diode isolate each.
thank you
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2009 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
No, they still go to there individual "lock and "all door unlock" wires on the JDL-PK. so 2 individual wires to 2 individual wires on the bypass. through diodes. I posted how on the bottom of the first page of this post. Follow that and you'll be good.
carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2009 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
yeah that what i thoughtbut u wrote that both wire go to the green wire thats y i was thrown off.
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2009 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

oh wow! I did write that sorry. I was toggling between instructions for the Viper and the JDL-PK and the12volt.com as my girlfriend was talking to me. I even told her to hold on a sec. I was helping somebody and needed a minute to type and I still wrote it wrong. LOL sorry...

Frank

carguy411 
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2009 at 12:39 AM / IP Logged  
lol its ok i appreciate all your help.
just thought i wasnt understanding it
lol
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic