the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

strange thing with nissan titan windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2009 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
you might be right about the relay and ill definitely check it out but like i said, it did the same thing with it just connected directly to the alarm. im also going to check it if i just hold it straight to ground. IF it turns out that it works when i just hold it straight to ground, what would you suggest i do? is there a better type of relay that i can use?
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2009 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  
Did you adjust the timed output on the alarm?
Or are you using the comfort closure feature?
soundnsecurity 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2009 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  
i am just using the aux output which activates after .8 seconds and will last until the aux button is released. so you just hold the ax button until the windows respond and then hold it until the windows are where you want them
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2009 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
What colour wire are you using off the 5900?
If you are using the RED / white which is normally controlled by the aux button it is just a pulse used for trunk release.
I would suggest just turning on the comfort closure feature and see if that works.
Did you try grounding the wire as stated earlier in the post?
It could just be that output on the starter is not set to validity and is just a pulse
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 11, 2009 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
chadwa2003 wrote:
What colour wire are you using off the 5900?
If you are using the RED / white which is normally controlled by the aux button it is just a pulse used for trunk release.
yeah, im using the RED / white, and not, it is not just pulsed. it says in the manual exactly what i said before. it activates after about a second of input and will stay activated until you let go of the aux button. for the most part it works just like it is supposed to except when you start with the windows all the way down. if i start with the windows about a third of the way up, it works fine, if they are all the way down it will try to work by moving about an inch and then it will go back down like it thinks something is in the way.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 7:38 AM / IP Logged  

sounds like the windows need to be programmed

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~112076~PN~3

soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
robertsc wrote:

sounds like the windows need to be programmed

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~112076~PN~3

no, they work fine using any of the factory switches.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

Have you checked to make sure the windows work fine using the key in the door cylinder when the windows are down all the way?

I would completely lower the windows and raise them using the key 10 times and see if there are any failures that way.  Nissans are notorious for window problems - there may be something wrong with the system in general.

Kevin Pierson
soundnsecurity 
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  
i actually did that test when i first noticed the problem thinking that i might have messed something up at the key cylinder, but its not anything like that. everything works perfectly when i use any of the factory switches including the key.
robertsc 
Copper - Posts: 337
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2009 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  
What about using relays and using the key cylinder ground as a reference.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic