the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

strange thing with nissan titan windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
soundnsecurity 
Gold - Posts: 2,711
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
i was thinking about doing that next time i see the truck. also its time for me to eat my word because i found out that it will do the same thing if i use the key in the cylinder so i might unhook what i did to see if that is causing some sort of interference. i might just try the real window module too if i cant figure anything out
one4waves 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: August 31, 2009 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  

I ran the channel 4 & 5 programmable outputs from my Hornet Alarm to the lock & unlock wires from the alarm to facilitate the express window up/down functions that work off the key cylinder. So to roll the windows down I would first press unlock/disarm, then immediately press Aux & unlock to roll the windows down. (vice versa for rollup). I found it to be fickle and not 100% all the time. There were times when I would press unlock, then aux/unlock and the windows wouldn't move. Then I'd press them again and the door lock actuators would bump but would not unlock, though the system disarmed and the LCD display showed the doors being unlocked. Then with the windows down and system unlocked/disarmed I pressed lock then aux/lock and the windows would go halfway, or not move at all, then after pressing unlock again, lo and behold they rollup. Then to really throw a wrench into the fire, I tried to roll the windows down while the system was armed and locked, and it worked!! Overall, probably 50% of the time it worked correctly (according to how it works with the key in the cylinder). I realize the factory system is sophisticated and even the repetetive rolling up and down of the windows (especially when the engine is not running) can heat up the motors requiring them to work harder and understandably draw more current and trip off the limit switch. I have come to the conclusion that there really is not much I can do about it. I won't be using this function that often, but it would be nice to know that when I'm not looking, it works. (there is no icon to tell you the windows are down or up unfortunately).

I'd like to try your method with the RED / white wire directly to the window motor. How did you hook it up for both up and down operation?

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic