icon

2008 Dodge Ram Remote Start Not Starting

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2009 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
well first off your igniton one output has to be connected to the truck the way you say you have it wired the remote start nor the bypass is getting an ignition signalthe idatalink piece needs to see igniton to activate some of its circuits but the truck needs to see igniton to start, so the idatalink piece should be wired to igniton hot same as the output from the remote start not just connected to each other and ended, and ive not had any issues with idatalink loading except before they had the windows vista 64bit operational and my cpu was using vista 64 bit
their product and tech support have been phenominal
luvs2div 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2009 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  

I put an Excalibur remote start on a 2008 Ram Diesel.  I used the voltage sensing option but that didn't work.  I think it's because there are two batteries on the diesel and the voltage doesn't change enough for the remote start to catch it.  I used the XK532 Bypass.  When you remote start it, the alarm still goes off (even though it's not supposed to).  Used a 480 ohm resistor and did it the "normal"  way.  Is the tach wire the same for the diesel as it is for a "gasser"?

Cheers all...R

optima23 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  
I have the diesel starting stoping  door locks working but I dont know how to put a delay for the start on the diesel. Any place to take a glow plug input?
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
amended to my last post on the i datlink piece ign only goes to the module and it handles giving the truck ignition due to very sensitive timing of keysense circuit, as to your diesel, i use audiovox and they have a programming option for a wait to start delay in their programing, as the wait to start light is data fed on these newer trucks, does your remote start have an option in programming for a diesel delay? if not youd have to wire in a pulse timer from dei to create your delay i would check with your manufacturer of your remote start and bypass to see how they would recommend doing it using their pieces as there are some very touch circuitry in these new dodges
optima23 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2009 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Well it says it has a diesel delay and i think i just figured it out. If the diesle doesnt have a light because its all electronic(wait to start) then on my prostart you can use a tme out mode which you wire the glow plug input directly to the ignition wire so after 25 sec it will then start to crank.. I had installed a diode with the glow plug wire to my module but i didnt need it cause its a input not a output. The ADS module from idatalink is so slick on a 08 dodge ram we only connected p-lights, power and 4 wires to the harness on the steering column for the key. I will change the glowplug wire later and all should be good for the delay.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic