Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djkurious 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  
95 Accord Ex
AutoPage RF-315
I was wondering how I would wire up a relay to manually close a sunroof with the 3rd Channel Aux output. I installed the alarm myself. I was just wondering which wires to wire on the sunroof switch. I have the following wires going into the plug that plugs into the sunroof switch:
1. gray yellow
2. black (of course this would be ground-)
3. red (I'm figuiring this is positive+)
4. red black
5. gray red
Thanks
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:13 AM / IP Logged  
You are going to need to use a window module like DEI's 529t.
djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
So there is no way that the alarm can send a signal to a relay to feed the sunroof switch positive power to close the sunroof?
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  

In the aftermarket world, black is ground and red is positive.  Factory wiring not that predictable.  If you are just wanting to be able to close the roof with the car in your sight, you should be able to do that.  If you wanted to open and close and have the motor shut off when the roof is opened or closed all the way, then yes you would need a window module.  You will need a volt meter and be willing to do a little footwork, but we should be able to pull that off.

Your alarm must have an output that remains on until you release the button.

Let's Go Brandon Brown. Congratulations on your first Xfinity Series Win. LGBFJB
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

The trick with Hondas of that vintage was to find the open and close relays, usually on the upper driver's kick panel, there should be two, one for open and one for close. fins the close relay, then turn on the ignition. One wire (Guess, GREEN/ yelow) should go live on ignition. Make this wire constant via a  2amp fuse. then turn on ignition and fully open roof.  Access the switch and turn off the ignition. Touch the black wire to ground then the roof should close from either tilt or slide positions.

If you this doesn't work, test the colours you've given, see if one of these wires goes live with ignition, if so again make it constant, and ground the black from the open position.

In either case just join your aux alarm utput to the black wire.

If neither of these tricks work yes you will need a 529t attached to the closing motor wire.

djkurious 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I figured there was a way to do this w/o that module. I will try an locate the sunroof relays when I check out my service manual this evening.
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2009 at 1:49 AM / IP Logged  

In addition to Howie's info, if your sunroof has tilt, then you might also have to activate the limiting wire on the switch. Otherwise, your sunroof could possibly go beyond the close position and go to tilt. This will be true whether you use your 3rd aux channel in a timed output or a 529t.

Why not use a 529t or 530t with GWA and save your 3rd aux channel for something else? Even if you just end up using the channel for full open.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic