the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

decreasing the pulse duration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
There is no website listed in the manual I got with it.
If I can find a link I'll post it.
Thx
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Reads my post again, there's a note in the relay section on shortening pulses, if not Mr. Idiot can sketch you one or tommy, or me just stop whingeing and read what people post you.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
Ummm! Just a thought! How about using the siren wire and inverting the  signal to a negative that will trigger the horn, this way he would get the short blips of the horn when aring and disarming,  If the unit has the option you can also program it to pulse when triggers, or else the horn would blare constantly when the alarm is triggered. If you don't like my idea, please read the signature. Cheers.
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

The following diagram is for a negative input and a negative output, do you need a negative or a positive output?

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=112480&KW=horn+honk+lock#542074

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  

t&t tech wrote:
Ummm! Just a thought! How about using the siren wire and inverting the  signal to a negative that will trigger the horn, this way he would get the short blips of the horn when aring and disarming,  If the unit has the option you can also program it to pulse when triggers, or else the horn would blare constantly when the alarm is triggered. If you don't like my idea, please read the signature. Cheers.

Relax T&T...Already covered that...Didnt you read the posts...decreasing the pulse duration - Page 2 -- posted image....Cheers...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I did tommy! But i noticed you mentioned afterwards that you were just guessing. So i was just trying to ensure him that we know what we're saying! Cheers,decreasing the pulse duration - Page 2 -- posted image..
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
Mr I and with a slight knuckle wrap from teacher's ruler to t&t and tommy, thank goodness someone reads my posts. I just wish aviator would.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 5:38 AM / IP Logged  
Has anybody seen Howie??
t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
Nope! decreasing the pulse duration - Page 2 -- posted image.
aviator172 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Aviator, look to the relay section here for circuits, tommy, wish you better, aviator ref your last post, on certain Chryslers with resistive multiplex wiring, 200milliamps is not enough to overcome the resistance (s) you need e.g. on the locking system. If your unit only has two wires, it means a low current output signal is generated.  If 6 wires, that means on-board relays and you're OK.
Howie,
I did read your post(s).
As I'm not quite the expert you are, this particular post appeared (to me anyway) to be about locking and unlocking and not specifically about the topic of this particular post (changing pulse duration).
So, if I missed the point and value of your post forgive me.
Sometimes what seems so obvious to an expert, is not quite as obvious to a lesser trained eye.
Thanks for everyone's help and patience decreasing the pulse duration - Page 2 -- posted image.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic