g35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2009 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have a clifford matrix 50.5x
I was attempting to wire the lock/unlock harness into the following ..
Driver Mtr Unlock YELLOW (REV) PIN 30 IN WHT PLUG AT BCM
Driver Mtr Lock VIOLET (REV) PIN 23 IN WHT PLUG AT BCM
but no cigar. Nothing happens! Those are the right wires! The door trigger is fine, siren runs off fine, everything is fine but the car won't lock or unlock.
I honestly don't have access to a bitwriter and I was told my car requires two pulses could that really be the issue?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  

Those are the actuator wires - they will work, but you need to 5 wire them. 

However, you should go in to the doors and hit the (-) lock/unlock wires at the power window switch.  That is also the only way to arm/disarm the system so it's pretty important.  Lastly, the best reason to go in to the doors, is so you can hook the window up/down feature up to the aftermarket alarm (just extend the (-) triggers on the lock/unlock wires).

You will need a double pulse to unlock the doors.

Kevin Pierson
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

g35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue -- posted image.  NISSDL - Nissan & Infinty Doorlock Alarm Interface

g35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue -- posted image. 

Power UnlockBLUE/WHITE(-)AT SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR...NEEDS DOUBLE PULSEg35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue -- posted image.
g35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue -- posted image.PowerLockRED / WHITE(-)AT SWITCH IN DRIVERS DOOR

This is for 05...Since no year was posted...

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

Those are the actuator wires - they will work, but you need to 5 wire them. 

However, you should go in to the doors and hit the (-) lock/unlock wires at the power window switch.  That is also the only way to arm/disarm the system so it's pretty important.  Lastly, the best reason to go in to the doors, is so you can hook the window up/down feature up to the aftermarket alarm (just extend the (-) triggers on the lock/unlock wires).

You will need a double pulse to unlock the doors.

Sorry, but you mean I should put the wires into my door and wire it up to the lock/unlock at the power window switch right? What do you mean by its the only way to arm/disarm the alarm?
Also, I was running through to find the wires and i accidently sent a charge into the unlock wire at the BCM. Did I just fry my actuator motor or did I fry just the wire? (Someone kept talking to me and distracting me and I sent a charge) Now my driver door unlocks but doesnt lock back up using the door or keyfob.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I'm still a "rookie" member, it won't let me edit my post. I tried checking the fuses, none of are blown.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
You either blew a fuse, or fried a trace on a circuit board. Burned out trace could be in the BCM, or possibly at the drivers door lock switch. Most cars have 2 or more fuse boxes. You check all of them?
KPierson 
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

It won't be a fuse, it will have to be a trace inside the BCM.  I believe in a different thread you said your car was a 1st gen G sedan, so your BCM is in the drivers kick (right where you were probing most likely).  Pop it out of the car and take it apart.  Inside you'll find about 5 relays, 3 will be roughly the same size - these 3 are the door lock relays (1 lock, 2 unlock).  Look for a burnt trace going from the NC contact of the relay to ground - it should be fairly obvious.

That's typically the issue - I don't think I've ever heard of anyone frying a BCM doing what you did.  If you did, it's about a $400 dealer part (much cheaper at a junk yard I would believe).  However, you have to admit there is a certain irony when someone tries to save $200 by installing something they've never installed and in the process damage a $400 part.    :)

I have a BCM out of an '05 coupe sitting in my garage - if it can help you in any way it is for sale!

Kevin Pierson
KPierson 
Posted: October 02, 2009 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

JWorm wrote:
You either blew a fuse, or fried a trace on a circuit board. Burned out trace could be in the BCM, or possibly at the drivers door lock switch. Most cars have 2 or more fuse boxes. You check all of them?

In the G35 (and most other newer Nissans) the door lock actuators aren't tied to the door lock switches.  Instead, each door lock switch has its own circuit board and the boards send serial communications back to the BCM.  When you pulse the "unlock" wire in the door the power window module turns that pulse in to a serial signal to the BCM, the BCM reads it and then fires its internal relays to unlock the doors.  Its an overly complicated setup, but a pretty cool setup at the same time.  My guess would be that they did this to reduce wire and weight, as high current actuator wires are replaced with a single small wire.

To the OP, when I said to arm and disarm the alarm I was referring to the OEM alarm.  It will arm whenever locking the doors with the key and possibly whenever locking the doors with the power door lock switch when the car is off.

Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2009 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  
damn, i love this forum! I'll keep you guys updated. Yeah I sent a charge to the yellow unlock wire i'll look for the circuit board or trace i probably fried.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2009 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
Alright, sorry to bump an old thread but I found the wires to lock and unlock the doors. My car locks, but doesn't unlock. Could it be a double pulse issue? I am not sure, everything is wired okay there is current going threw. Would I need a bittwriter to set my alarm to a double pulse? Or is there any shortcurt around it? If so, where do I get a bittwriter from?
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic