icon

g35 sedan having lock/unlock wiring issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 17, 2009 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  

Double pulses are required for unlock.  You should be able to program your alarm to double pulse without a bitwriter.

Kevin Pierson
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: October 17, 2009 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
1. The install guide with the alarm/starter shows how to program the features without a BitWriter. You don't need it to do double pulse locks.
2. You could have done the doorlocks like this:
http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=10529
3. From what you said, you applied positive power (unfused???) to one of the car's doorlock motor wires.
You've probably blown out the part that makes that wire rest at ground. But maybe, with some luck, it still at least puts out a positive pulse when you hit the door locks.
First, TEST the wire to see what it has at rest, and then test it again to see what it has when you're operating the locks.
(You'll need a meter or test light for this, as well as the knowledge of how to test wires for power as well as for ground.)
Test all three doorlock motor wires from the BCM:   Lock Motor, Driver Unlock Motor, and Passenger Unlock Motor (sometimes called "disarm defeat").
Post back with results of all three wires, stating which rest at ground and which don't......and which make a positive pulse when operating the car's power doorlocks.
If you can't repair the burnt trace on the circuit board as the other poster mentioned......you can sometimes make a repair by wiring external relays.
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sweet, I did my doorlocks like that, as for the whole double pulse unlock, I can't figure out how to get it to do a double pulse. Any ideas? I am going to take apart my BCM when I have a bit more time I can't go too long without a car haha.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2009 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
I believe my car is already sending a double pulse, when I press the unlock twice it chirps twice. Does that mean it's already at a double pulse? My door is still not unlocking..
KPierson 
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 5:18 AM / IP Logged  

Two chirps doesn't mean a double pulse unlock.

If the BCM is damaged and your doors won't unlock with the OEM switch your alarm isn't going to be able to unlock the doors either (unless you 5 wire them).  The (-) pulse tells the BCM to fire the relays - if your BCM is damaged this obviously won't do anything.  You need to focus on repairing / replacing the BCM before the alarm will be able to unlock the doors.

The major disadvantage about doing the door locks as Chris suggested is you won't be able to rasie and lower the windows with the alarm by simply extending the (-) triggers on the lock and unlock wires.   To me personally, this is well worth the hassle of getting wires inside the doors.

Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2009 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
Ahhh..well the oem switch will unlock and lock all the doors but it wont lock the driver side door. That's all. I can lock/unlock everything just fine, but its just the driver side door will not lock.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
It seems that you are basing some things on assumptions and hopes.
For us to help you, you need to test the wires mentioned above, and post back with results.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  

I'm speaking from my experience here!

On the generation of nissans before the latest one, the actuator motors were all tied in to unlock, but all doors except the driver's door was tied in with the lock circuit a separate circuit controlled this, hence you could unlock all doors if they were all locked, but only lock all except the driver's door using the negative trigger wires.

So actually there is no burnt trace on any if his BCM's, or else none of the actuators woud have functioned, all he has to do is locate his lock motor wire from the driver's door and connect this to the lock motor wire from the other doors and he would be set, since the trigger wires are already connected, this would also allow the rocker control to lock and unlock all four doors!

KPierson 
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

The way the current gen Nissans work is they have a common LOCK wire and seperate UNLOCK wires.  This is solely for priority door locks.  The drivers door and the gas door are on one UNLOCK circuit and the passenger door(s) are on the other.  He has burnt up the trace on the drivers door UNLOCK relay.  Since there is no ground on the UNLOCK wire when the LOCK output turns on the actuator isn't seeing a ground so the drivers door isn't locking.  However, when you hit the UNLOCK button the burnt trace is switched to 12vdc and the door unlocks.

I can pretty much guarentee his problem is a burnt trace on the BCM board and should be an easy fix.

Kevin Pierson
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

Point taken kevin! It's actually reversed on my side of the pond, the unlock is on a common circuit and the lock on a separate circuit! In any event if he took the lock motor wire on the driver door to the other lock motor wires he should achieve the same end result!

Also kevin, i'm confused, the burnt trace won't allow the leg to see ground but current still flows through!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic