icon

Viper 5902 vs 7901?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
5902 remote IS fully compatible with 5901. Parking meter and countdown timer features are built in to the remote itself and not dependent on the brain.
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
bizill 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  
yes the new remote works with the 5901.  i don't know by experience, but 3 separate techs at dei emailed me this info.
chocy 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

I ordered a Viper 5902 and am patiently waiting on its arrival. I have read the reviews and looked over the official site. However, there are a few questions that have been left unanswered (or I have missed along the way). #1 does the package come with an operating unit to lower the windows or is that extra? #2 Does the alarm actually speak as an option or is that an additional part/extra? In certain reviews of videos I have heard the 5902/5901 unit have a speaking option (the alarm has an automated voice that states certain commands depending on what you press on the key fob such as stand back, starting automobile, etc,) #3 I seem to always throw my keys in my pocket. I’m afraid that the car will auto start due to the button being pressed while I move around// Can I lock my key fob between use?

Thanks in advance for anyone that replies!

Chocy
chocy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
I ordered a Viper 5902 and am patiently waiting on its arrival. I have read the reviews and looked over the official site. However, there are a few questions that have been left unanswered (or I have missed along the way). #1 does the package come with an operating unit to lower the windows or is that extra? #2 Does the alarm actually speak as an option or is that an additional part/extra? In certain reviews of videos I have heard the 5902/5901 unit have a speaking option (the alarm has an automated voice that states certain commands depending on what you press on the key fob such as stand back, starting automobile, etc,) #3 I seem to always throw my keys in my pocket. I’m afraid that the car will auto start due to the button being pressed while I move around// Can I lock my key fob between use?
Chocy
angelars 
Copper - Posts: 176
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
chocy wrote:
#1 does the package come with an operating unit to lower the windows or is that extra?
It comes with the outputs for this, but not the modules. I don't know of any alarm that comes 100% equipped for power windows.
#2 Does the alarm actually speak as an option or is that an additional part/extra?
I think either Viper or Clifford has a siren that does this as a add-on. The remote chirps and displays with an animation of what you just did, but it does not speak without the add-on.
In certain reviews of videos I have heard the 5902/5901 unit have a speaking option
If it does, then it's news to me. I have not seen any mention of this anywhere.
#3 I seem to always throw my keys in my pocket. I’m afraid that the car will auto start due to the button being pressed while I move around// Can I lock my key fob between use?
The remote is bigger than most because of all its features. I put mine in my coat pocket and so far no problems. There is no lock feature, and it would be a pain to have to constantly be turning it on/off.
Troc4434 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2010 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
i just got a phyton 5902 responder HD 2-way color lcd remote start/alarm. Its the same as the viper 5902, remote shape is a little different. cant wait to get it installed.
chocy 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 8:10 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks!!! I did more research and found the components I was refering to. They do have an option for voice. If you shop around (if you wish) you can find it for a low price. Does anyone know the diff between Viper, Python and Clifford? They all seem to have their own version of the 5902!
Chocy
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2010 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
chocy wrote:
Thanks!!! I did more research and found the components I was refering to. They do have an option for voice. If you shop around (if you wish) you can find it for a low price. Does anyone know the diff between Viper, Python and Clifford? They all seem to have their own version of the 5902!
Once upon a time there was a company named Viper, who made first grade alarms. They also made alarms by a company name Python, but they weren't as good. A big competitor of theirs (who also made first grade alarms) was a company named Clifford. Lots of people liked Clifford alarms, and it took many sales away from Viper. Then one day the company that owns Viper, bought Clifford, and all was good in the kingdom...
hurleyloser 
Copper - Posts: 157
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
#3 I seem to always throw my keys in my pocket. I’m afraid that the car will auto start due to the button being pressed while I move around// Can I lock my key fob between use?[/QUOTE]The remote is bigger than most because of all its features. I put mine in my coat pocket and so far no problems. There is no lock feature , and it would be a pain to have to constantly be turning it on/off.[/QUOTE]
actually, there IS a lock feature. With the lock turned on, the remote will lock after 30 seconds of inactivity and will require you to press remote start, then unlock to unlock it (similar to the old menu, * on older cell phones)
MECP Master Certified Technician
ASE A6 Certified Technician
angelars 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 13, 2010 at 2:52 AM / IP Logged  
How do you turn this feature on?
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic