icon

concept 600 w/roll, intellistart probs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
yayoboy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  

hi all, i have a 93 vauxhall nova gsi (uk model) i have recently re installed my alarm a concept 600 after a couple of years of it being in the loft as the car was being restored, with the help of manuals of the site the alarm went back in no problems, all the functions are working as they where before, but i have now added electric windows, and this is where my problem lies.... the electric windows are fed from an ignition live, and when the ignition is on, the switches give a permanent 12v supply to both 'up' and 'down' to stall the motor, then when the switch is pressed it supplies an earth to send it the window up and down... ive tried all the configurations in the clifford window manual and none work, with relays or without? i am getting a 12v supply from the clifford when i activate the alarm for roll up... i hope im missing something obvious as im stumped! if any more info is needed please ask me...

next problem... intellistart 4 wont work, all conections have been checked numerous times, all ok, i have the cliffnet pro lead and software, the pulse starter works, and the turn on ignition function turns the ignition on!! only thing i have noticed is when i go into monitor mode, when i press * to activate the intellistart, i get flash code 1, i believe that is poor tach signal, but i programmed the tach and got 2 chirps and flashes to confirm... any help would be greatly appriciated, its driving me mad!!! thanks in advance, sean, uk

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM / IP Logged  

Most window units will send twelve volts to the motor as ground at rest systems are more common, so you may need relays to invert the signal or maybe there is a comfort close feature on that car. Maybe you could try a tach inductor from dei. My good friend howard will chime in to confirm my suggestions!

yayoboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

thanks for reply, the car has no comfort close feature, its just a 'hold for up' 'hold for down' system. did try the relays as per the clifford manual, which i believe shows a 'rest at 12v' diagram, but to no avail....

also, what is the tach inductor you suggest?

its strange that im getting the flash code one, as according to cliffnet, i am getting a feedback from the coil/tach, you can see the numbers changing..

t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tested the wires to verify what type of system operates the windows? The inductor is made by dei, it's powerd across the battery and simulates a tach signal via the alternator, never had the cause to use one, but i remember howard saying that this is the most effecient way to go with euro cars! Howard where you at?
yayoboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
yes have tested the wires, see first post for details. ill try and upload a pic of the wiring diagram and post a link to confirm how its wired, thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

God I used to have fun with these!!!  Rewire the switches so that motor wires sit on ground (earth) at rest, otherwise you willl need to access an old Clifford smart windows document.  Effectively a relay changes that ignition feed to a ground when ignition isn't on.  Ignition feed to 86. and 87, window feed from 30 to switches, ground to 85 and 87a.

Ref the RS throw away the Wiz, it takes ages to master it and it's ful of glitches. It will also dump your tach settings.  If that car has a rev counter, go to the instrument panel feed or the coil, it's a green wire that you're looking for.  I only EVER use the Wiz to change Siren or Valet code settings or crank time.  It will  create havoc with all your other settings.  Was playing with my car the other week (remember I've been using this product for over 10 years- one company I did contract work for refused to honour any warantees if the customer used Wiz), lost both my remotes, I had to re-programme every button manually on each.

In other words, programme the tach manually. Except if set in auto mode, which I don't advise on a manual car except for testing purposes, it should still start and run for 15 secs.

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2009 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
The one flash on remote start is because you are using manual trans mode which is a NECESSITY if the car is a manual.  If it is an automatic ground the BLACK/ green from intellistart.  Intellistart will still try to start even if you did not program tach.  If it is a manual you are required to do manual trans safestart before remote starting if you didn't it will flash the lights one time and not start.  Your tach sounds like it programmed fine.  I agree with howie on the window switches, rewire for rest at ground much cleaner way to do it.    
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Just realised, the cars a manual and the I/Start has been default set as an auto. If manual DONT set it up as an auto
yayoboy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 4:52 AM / IP Logged  

hi all, thanks for your detailed replies. the car is a manual, sorry scirocco, how do i do a manual trans start, because you are right, it is flashing once and not starting (also giving flash code 1)

howie thanks for advice with switches, could i not just literally swap the live and earth feeds to the switches, and change the up down wires round to suit? thanks all again :)

scirocco16v 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2009 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

I normally do exactly what you just said with the window switches.  It avoids having to use a relay.  I simply depin the switches and change the wires around.  You need to swap the motor wires 180 degreees too so pressing the switch up makes the window go up.   The relay should work just fine too if you already have it in and hooked up as howie described.  Make sure you program them too if you didn't already.  That could be causing a premature shutdown on rollup.  Manual trans safestart is a button combination that must be pressed while the car is running on the key.  after you hit it parking lights come on and remove the key the car will stay running.  Exit close the door and arm.  Car shuts off.  You are now ready to remote start with star button unless you open a door, alarm triggers, or you disarm.  this will cancel remote start.  Not sure about uk models but here in the US manual tran safestart was only programmed on master remote out of the box, channel 11 i think.  You need to program it on companion remotes and is only available through wizard, not on programming grid. 

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic