icon

gm postive door locks audiovox

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevenje98 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
I hooked up all my door triggers and used the relays for the 2 step unlock. In the process I noticed that the cargo doors in my suburban were not armed at all.   I have a Driver’s door trigger and Passengers door trigger for the rest of the doors, i.e. Front passenger , and two rear passenger doors. The two rear cargo doors aka, barn doors were not active. So I found the trigger to the barn doors and tied it into the 2nd door trigger for all passenger doors with diodes.   Now, I get the message in my factory information center “cargo door open” when I open any of the doors. Drivers, and Passenger doors.
Did I do this right ? I don’t mind, because none of the doors in this 2001 Suburban had no door warnings at all of being open while the truck was running, or even a “ door Ajar” message .
Should I have tied rear cargo doors into the trunk trigger? I would like to keep like this though for safety reasons If can. Ie. I have no door open warnings. Why gm did this I'll never know.
I have not tested the Audiovox prestige 997A powered up yet. I’m still working on adding an additional 12GA power wire from my 2nd full size battery to power the additional sensors. Glass -break and Shock.
Which brings me to another question. Should I be using a two stage radar sensor for a truck this large and ditch the additional shock sensor and glass break?. From what I read on the board here it seems there are lots of false triggers with radar. I'm not sure which to install I'm on the fence about this radar stuff.
I do have an instant trigger for zone1. I figured I would hook up the glass sensor or radar there. I don’t know If I can hook up the additional shock sensor to that trigger wire because I don’t know if it will be shunted at remote startup. Though the Audiovox APS997A does have a wire that will shunt devices that are not plugged into the unit;basically meant for factory devices. Should I just wire the additional shock sensor to the shock sensor port and put some diodes in? does the 997A require diodes for an additional shock sensor to the port.
Thanks for all the help so far. Luv this site.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic