the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

2000 nissian sentra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,788
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

Here is a link to the DEI Ready Remote Model 24923 R/S install guide.  (The G11-XR install guide is very brief and assumes a lot.)  While it was written for their R/S, the basics of locating and testing wires is presented clearly.  They also go into detail on adding additional relays for IGN, ACC or Starter wires and have a nice write up on door locks.  Makes for nice reading and will answer some of your questions and clear some things up.

http://www.designtech-intl.com/pdf/manuals/24923.pdf

Soldering is fun!
thejushinator 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
As far as the immobilizer goes, went to wal-mart and made a duplicate. Car started up fine with it. So no bypass is needed I assume.
I have seen a DMM in my garage hundreds of times, but now that I need it it is no where to be found. I hate that crap. So I will have to wait until I can find that or I will have to go out and buy one.
While we are talking about a DMM let me ask how to use one.... :)
I am assuming I touch the black (ground) to a ground on the car and the red wire on the DMM to the actual wire I am testing and check it. Is that correct ?
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM / IP Logged  
As long as the wire your testing is 12 volts...If checking for ground...you would do the opposite...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,788
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 7:28 AM / IP Logged  

While testing wires, remember that most, if not all metal in the car is probably ground.  After carefully testing/verifing each wire, temporarily wrap the exposed area with electric tape.  Even though most metal is ground, you want to look for a good grounding point for the black wire from the Ultra Start.  Look for one that Nissan supplied and used.  Usually you will find a convenient stud with many other wires under the dash by the kick panel area.

If you car is not equipped with an immobilizer that will save some time and money.  Also you won't need the GWR wire on the Ultra Start (unless your car needs a KeySense signal, Nissans usually don't).

While you are under the dash, look for a firewall hole with gromet that you can use to pass 2 wires thru.  You will notice in the Ultra Start harness 2 very long wires.  They are your Tach signal and Hood pin.  Look from the engine side also.  Sometimes the carpet or insulation covers them.  The next choice is the door harness area.  Last choice is drilling your own hole ( being extremely careful.)

Soldering is fun!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

I've looked at the u.s version wiring of this car, look basically the same as the ones i'm accustomed to! Everything you need is in the driver area, except tach! The lock trigger wires rest at around 4volts and pulse zero or ground when triggered, you can find these wires leading into the driver's door!

when you remove the steering column an easy way to know if you have two starter wires and two ignitions is to count the wires, if you have six, then you have both second starter and ignition, if you have five you have second ignition most likely. (i've never seen one without second ignition) did one today, no second starter!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2009 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  

Thank you T&T. Ok, you said the locks/doorlocks run to the door, but where did you splice into the door lock and unlock wires at?  Which way did you route the tach wire to get into the engine bay ?

2000 nissian sentra remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

There are 4 ignition coils there, I have one of the wires circled, would that be a good place to 'splice' into it ?

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:54 PM / IP Logged  

On the left side of your picture, just behind the wheel arch, that harness leads into the interior passenger side, slit the grommet there, and feed your wires through!

I'm not sure if i read you picture properly, but your'e not splicing any wires at the four spark plug connections, just behind there is where the four injectors are, you will locate the wire there, you can use any wire that is NOT COMMON at the injectors, i believe the common wire is RED / black, dunno if memory serves right there!

The door locks run in the harness going into the door, this will be just under the bottom of the interior fusebox, the harness is secured to the base of the fusebox holder with a strap to the body, open this harness and test, they rest at four volts or so!

From looking at that engine, looks pretty much the same to me!

t&t tech 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Also in reply to your pm, you need a relay for the second starter, you don't need to power up the other wires besides the BLACK/ red ignition wire, the rest just power up the a/c and the radio and other accesories! If however you would like to, the let me know, you would need another relay for this!
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

Once again let me thank you for your help. But your posts have made me think i am over my head again :(

To tell the truth I really dont know what a relay is or how to wire one.

2000 nissian sentra remote start - Page 2 -- posted image.

I searhed and that was a picture of a relay I found for remote starters.....

Do I just attach the starter wire from the R/S to one of the connections on the relay then attach the two starter wires from the car to the other two connections on the relay ? I assume they would sell these at places like advance auto parts, correct? What would I ask for to recieve the right relay I am looking for.

Yes I would like to power up the A/C or heat at remote start, I have to power that also? I just assumed that was heater /accesory output was for. There is one on the R/S and two on the car. So that would need a relay like above also, correct ?

tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2009 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

Most Ultra starts have a white wire that can do 2nd ignition,2nd accessory or 2nd starter(default is 2nd ignition)...All are 12 volt outputs...So unless there is more then 1 ignition...and the 2nd starter is +...you should be fine...! Relays are not bad...!

M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic