t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2009 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry kreg, i posted while you were!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2009 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  

T & T,

We overlapped the other day too.  I am a very slow typist..............   

I believe he said 6 wires at switch,  just like you said for those cars with the steering wheel on the wrong side........2000 nissian sentra remote start - Page 4 -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
tommy... 
Gold - Posts: 1,901
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2009 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Remember you can use the White wire in the r/s's ignition harness to do 2nd ignition or 2nd starter...So you should only need One relay...
M.E.C.P & First-Class
Go slow and drink lots of water...Procrastinators' Unite...Tomorrow!
thejushinator 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2009 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Yea that is what I was going to do. Car has 2 starter wires and 2 ign wires. So I will just use the white wire for 2nd ignition and use the relay for the 2nd starter wire.
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I checked out the relay "basics" Here are some things I am still unclear about. In the install guide that is on page 2 is shows that you have to use 2 relays to "split" a wire.

2000 nissian sentra remote start - Page 4 -- posted image.

Earlier in this thread tedmond and T&T stated how I could make it with one relay. To tell the truth I really didn't understand what you were saying with input and output and such, so I tried to dummy it down for me. Here is a picture of it:

2000 nissian sentra remote start - Page 4 -- posted image.

Sorry for all the pictures I am a visual learner. Is this what it looks like or am I tottal wrong?

Again thanks for all the help, hopefully I will have all of this stuff down by the time it arrives tomorrow so I can get right to work.

kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

Your relay wiring won't work.  Your goal is to make 2 independant/isolated +12v Start outputs from the Ultra Starts one (yellow wire).  While it costs more to use 2 relays & fuses and takes up more space under the dash, it is the safest way to do it. 

On the relay, pins 85 and 86 need a +12v  and a ground to actuate the coil and energize the relay.   They are not outut pins.  Either can be the trigger.  Meaning you can hook 86 to constant battery and use the R/S GWR output to trigger the relay or you coluld hook pin 85 up to ground and use +Start on pin 86 as the trigger.  In your case the trigger has to be the Start signal.   If you look at the Ready Remote diagram you posted above, that is what they are doing to create two IGN outputs with the R/S's IGN output.  You will be doing the same thing with the G11's Start output to create 2 Start signals for the car to use.

A SPDT relay, while de-energized has pins 30 to 87A connected ( aka Normally Closed ).  When energized, pin 30 goes to pin 87.  Think of it as a switch.  In its non enegized state the electricity flows from pin 30 to 87A.  When energized, it switches over and flows from pin 30 to 87.  Pins 30, 87 and 87A are for high current and the current can flow either way ( 30 to 87A or 87A to 30, etc).

Soldering is fun!
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I got everything wired but I couldn't get it to Tach learn. I used a non common wire at the ignition coil which was advised for me to do. The only thing I can think of was there was a weak/no connection on the tach wire.
When I tried to do the Tach learn I got the parking light flash to let me know it was in tach learn mode. I then started it and let it run for a minute or so but I never got the 3 flashes for a successful tach learn. I reset the R/S and tried it again but no luck.
I was curious if the car would start anyways so I tried remote starting the vehicle. It wouldn't crank or do anything. I know I am going to have to try and figure out the tach learn. But shouldn't it atleast try to grind and start, or without tach learning does it not even try to start ?
Thanks for all your help everyone.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2009 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with the unit you're using, but does anything power up?, accesory or ignition lights?, one thing on this vehicle is that the ignition must be powered for the starter to crank!
commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM / IP Logged  

No, nothing powers up as far as the heater or anything like that when i try to remote start. I worked on it about 5-6 hours today and then decided to call it a day.

The R/S is getting power because the park lights work and the antenna lights up also....

In the install quide it says the unit must be tach learned before remote starting. So maybe it wont even let u attempt a remote start until it is tach learned..... ??? I really dont know. I am going to try another ignition coil tomorrow and see if that helps any. If that doesn't fix it I am stumped.

thejushinator 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
TT, I was just rereading your post, what do you mean the ignition has to be powered up for it to crank ?
Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic