icon

viper 5701, where do i start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
djbdub 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

Im pretty good with wiring n workin with systems n stuff. I was woundering, im getting a Viper 5701 pink alarm/remote start, and my wife wants me to install it in her 2004 TB. im a bit confused on what i need, such as do i need a back up battery, a t-harness, or even a tilt sensor. What do i need for programing, ect. I dont know where 2 start when it comes to installing a car alarm/remote start. please peeps leave sum tips and info. 4 me.  Thank you All...

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

not to sound degrading or anything

but

if you are asking questions like this I would take it to a qualified shop and have them do it

djbdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  

I understand what you mean, i can do this, i just need to study a bit.

here:

im getting a viper 5701 alarm/remote start with a back up battery, tilt sensor... what kind of backup battery should i get? what kind of tilt sensor should i get? Also is there anything i would need for the viper 5701 to make my installation any smoother?? 

djbdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
djbdub wrote:

I understand what you mean, i can do this, i just need to study a bit.

here:

im getting a viper 5701 alarm/remote start with a back up battery, tilt sensor... what kind of backup battery should i get? what kind of tilt sensor should i get? Also is there anything i would need for the viper 5701 to make my installation any smoother?? 

Any1???

05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2009 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

well first off, the DEI tilt sensor is a good choice, backup battery I am not to sure off

since it is an 04 chevy trailblazer you will need a bypass module, Idatalink makes one that will control locks, oem alarm, trunk pin and front doors for the alarm

once you get this piece and the truck apart we can help you more

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 7:08 AM / IP Logged  

if you get the idatalink part, it will help you out alot as your not running as many wires.

1) get a wiring diagram of the car

2) bench prep your alarm/rs and snip off anything you dont need.
3) rip your car apart as you will need to get to the kick panel and fuse boxes, even engine bay for tach. this is where a DMM becomes your best friend. so get a good one.
4) wire up remote start portion, install bypass/program. attempt to remote start and if it works move onto the alarm portion
5) test alarm, then wrap all connections and tuck away.

djbdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

and the bypass module (idatalink part, which 1??), dei tilt sensor (DEI 507M??) . can be used, should be used, with the viper 5701 alarm/remote start. remember this is what alarm/remote start, im going to be installing. anything else???

Thank you All..

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

If I were you I would ONLY start with the bare essentials.  IF you get the system installed you can go back and add stuff later.  It won't be as clean as an installation, but let's be real here, no ones first installation is clean anyway.

I typically do things backwards from tedmond - I start with the alarm portion first and do the remote start portion second.  I don't think it really matters though.

Also as tedmond mentioned use a volt meter and verify EVERY wire before making any connections.

Kevin Pierson
djbdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 12:00 PM / IP Logged  

i feel you,  so i need a bypass module, right? (idatalink, which 1 do i use for a 2004 TB 4x4??) for the viper 5701 alarm/remote start.. as for the, dei tilt sensor (DEI 507M??) can this be used with the 5701 in the tb..is there anything else that i need for this alarm/remote start,  besides the toolz and a wire diagram 4 the whip...

Thank you All... 

ps. what kind of backup battery should i use, u have to have 1 of those, right?

djbdub 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2009 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
djbdub wrote:

i feel you,  so i need a bypass module, right? (idatalink, which 1 do i use for a 2004 TB 4x4??) for the viper 5701 alarm/remote start.. as for the, dei tilt sensor (DEI 507M??) can this be used with the 5701 in the tb..is there anything else that i need for this alarm/remote start,  besides the toolz and a wire diagram 4 the whip...

Thank you All... 

ps. what kind of backup battery should i use, u have to have 1 of those, right?

also what are the bare essentials

Page of 7

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic