icon

XO vision 8 inch monitor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ldpfeifer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2003 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
I have a XO vision 8 inch overhead monitor that was hooked up to a PYLE DVD90 unit.  The DVD 90 died and could not be revived, so I purchased a PYLE DVD97 to replace it.  After the test on our house tv, I hooked it up to the car.  I did move the wire from the front to the middle seat on the 01 Yukon.  I ran it down the door post along the rocker to the seat, it was sure greatness.  Now for the big test, my first mistake was not testing to start!  It didn't work!  The screen would show the movie for about .5 seconds, followed by a mix of circler color and then just the overall white of the screen with the black dots visable.  Shut it off, turn it on and another .5 seconds then nothing but white.   I could hear the sound fine.  It does plug into an I/O box that splits the signal for three more monitors.  The box, the screen, the new DVD player?  I have no way of testing myself and not sure the TV repair shop can, any ideas out there?  I do not want to replace the whole thing but thats my only option at this point????  Thanks in advance, Lyle Pfeifer
ldpfeifer 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, its fixed.  I took the screen to a shop and they put a 12 volt power supply to it and it worked!  I tested my supply more than once to confirm voltage, it was 13.85.  The shop said I should check it under  the load of the screen and I was amazed as I watched the voltage drop to 8.36 volts.  I pulled the power off of a cassete power plug as we only use the CD player in our Yukon.  I used a heavy wire supply from the fuse box this time and it works fine.  Feeling like a fool!!!!  Learned a lesson here.  Lyle

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic