icon

2008 4runner starter kill add on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
perroh 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2009 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

My cousin wants to keep his stock alarm - he refuses to remove it and or add an aftermarket alarm, even if he gets to use the same stock remote..

He wants to add a starter kill switch.... so can I just use the starter kill relay diagram that is shown on this site??

kickergod 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
That vehicle has an immobilizer it will not start without the key in or right next to the cylinder. Why would you bother adding a start kill? If you insist on doing it still, the start wire is GREEN/ black at the switch. Open it with a relay 87a and 30 to either end of the start wire, 85 to ignition BLACK/ red, and 86 to a grounded toggle switch or whatever negative trip you wanted to use. If a thief is smart enough to get past the factory antitheft setup, this probably wont stop them either.
Ryan Edwards
MECP Certified Installer
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM / IP Logged  
No aftermarket immobiliser 2 or three circuits, 2 x grounds and far more sophisticated controls than a bloody switch has ever stopped me for more than 10 minutes!
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

The factory transponder is perfectly good! No reason to worry! Unless th would be thief has a tow truck, lol! Then it won't really matter!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

howie ll wrote:
No aftermarket immobiliser 2 or three circuits, 2 x grounds and far more sophisticated controls than a bloody switch has ever stopped me for more than 10 minutes!

does that mean howie has the ability to steal any car ? 2008 4runner starter kill add on - Last Post -- posted image.

if so...i wouldnt mind a new european car howie ahah.

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
Your family must be Catholic and you've imbibed too much of the Xmas spirit. I said AFTERMARKETyoung foolish one! Steal a European car? a) Your Honda with the exception of 1 Series, Golf and Focus RS is better. b) Do I look Polish carrying my laptop into the local Starbucks and sitting near to anyone flashing a late Mercedes Proximity key?
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

LOL! Like the reference Howard!

Although you could be a little more gentle with us as young lads! Maybe ted had a little too much booze for the season and overlooked the aftermarket part!

Cheers guys! It's all in good spirits! 2008 4runner starter kill add on - Last Post -- posted image.

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2009 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Of course. I was only winding him up. I know it backfired against you once about a year ago. Honestly my racial/religious jokes are only that.I'm just a cynical wiz-taker, I know where Ted's family come from and it was either or Catholic or Buddhist. Now with your name, I'm guessing Catholic, Hindu or Buddhist.
In my mind you two are either the terrible (young) twins or the dynamic(young) duo.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic