icon

2006 dodge ram 1500, viper 5901

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
05gt 
Silver - Posts: 628
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  
all I mean is that the bypass controls the factory alarm and disarm so when you go to lock and unlock the car it will flash the lights, the remote start is seperate from the factory alarm so it will not flash the lights upon remote start
rbeard1979 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: January 11, 2010 at 2:43 PM / IP Logged  
Ok...I understand. That is what I thought, just didn't read it that way in your post. Thanks for the help!!
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all....I would like some help if you can. I have a Viper 5901 and Xpresskit DLPKCHG2 bypass module. The alarm is working, and the bypass module is working right as far as I can tell. It is controlling the factory locks,dome light, parking lights, and factory alarm. The problem is the rs of the system. It will not work. I cannot get a straight answer a to where the pink + start imput wires goes. This is how it is listed in the manual: "Start Output - Connection is parallel to the vehicle and remote control system starter wires." It says the connection is to the alarm. I cannot figure out where this goes. I have tried every ignition wire hooked up to the truck, and no luck. Here is how the rs harness is wired as of now.

Heavy gauge remote start, (H3) 10-pin connector

H3/1 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT -  ignition wire in truck

H3/2 RED / WHITE (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87 - 12 V constant

H3/3 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT - Not needed because of bypass

H3/4 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL) - cut starter wire on car side

H3/5 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL WIRE) - cut starter wire on ignition side

H3/6 RED (+) FUSED (30A) IGNITION 1 INPUT - 12 V constant

H3/7 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT - 2nd + ignition wire

H3/8 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX Relay - Not Used

H3/9 RED / BLACK (+) FUSED (30A) ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT - 12 V Constant

When the truck tries to start, it sounds like the battery is dead. All the ACC starts up, then it tries to start making dead battery sound, then it gives me an error message after 3 tries of this. I am at a loss. Please help me!! Thanks in advance!!

kickergod 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 5:32 PM / IP Logged  
Connect pink + start at the remote start start wire if your reffering to the bypass wires. Also make sure the pull down resistor wire (on bypass) isn't grounded since it has a + start in the vehicle. I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but did you put the key ring around the ignition cylinder and program the key portion of the bypass? if you want to make sure everything else is correct, unplug the key wrap from the bypass so it does not see that part and remote start while holding the key next to the cylinder. if it fires up, you didn't get the bypass programme. If it still doesn't work, you have something else wrong go back and check all of your connections. If that +start isn't hooked up from the bypass it is not sending a 2nd start output to the vehicle.
Ryan Edwards
MECP Certified Installer
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

kickergod wrote:
Connect pink + start at the remote start start wire if your reffering to the bypass wires. Also make sure the pull down resistor wire (on bypass) isn't grounded since it has a + start in the vehicle. I know this is going to sound like a stupid question, but did you put the key ring around the ignition cylinder and program the key portion of the bypass? if you want to make sure everything else is correct, unplug the key wrap from the bypass so it does not see that part and remote start while holding the key next to the cylinder. if it fires up, you didn't get the bypass programme. If it still doesn't work, you have something else wrong go back and check all of your connections. If that +start isn't hooked up from the bypass it is not sending a 2nd start output to the vehicle.

I have the pink wire from the bypass hooked upto the starter wire. I talked with a tech today and he helped me with some connections. Only proble is it is still not working. Referring to the pull down resistor wire on the bypass, where should it be connected. I currently have it a starter output wire on the viper. I think it is on a - starter output? Would that be correct? If not, then where do I move it?

Thanks for your help!!

rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2010 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
I did make sure the bypass is programmed. We couldn't get it to program right at first, and we had to open a key and the bypass module up per the instructions. We finally got it working right. Just to make sure, I went out and too the guts out of the keyand the bypass module. Put the key in the ignition without the guts and put the bypass module guts up to the ignition cylinder and she fired right up and kept running. So I know the module is programmed and that is not the problem. If you could please give me a run down of where every wire on the rs should be connected. No one will just tell me all the connections so I know if they are right or not. Thanks for any help!!
yimke 
Copper - Posts: 417
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Connect the Mux wire AT the switch. This reduces your chances of grabbing the wrong wire. Sometimes it switches colors. I usually grab it by pin location.
rbeard1979 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help guys...finally got it to work!! Started it 6 times in a row just to make sure....I had the MUX wire connected on the wrong side of the switch, so thanks to the poster about the MUX wire! Moved it and it fired up right away!!! SO thankful t get it working and not pay someone to fix it!!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic