icon

2006 kia sportage

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 5:21 PM / IP Logged  
I've tried to install locks in this vehicle for an hour or so now with an astro start 623 module, with no luck... The starter maybe took an hour and a half to put in... I've found the brown and pink wires for lock and unlock in the yellow plug in the drivers kick pannel. If I straight ground the pink wire with a wire after 2 pulses (double pulse unlock) it will unlock... and if i straight ground the brown lock wire it will do nothing... this wire tests as lock with the key in the door only. and the pink wire tests as unlock with the key in the door only also. this is normal. anyone else have similar issues with this vehicle? The customer is comming back on 1-12-2010 to have me finish the install...
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
AVOX lists unlock a dark blue and lock a green, both in the DKP.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 09, 2010 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
AVOX lists unlock a dark blue and lock a green, both in the DKP.
These are the correct colors. What site listed brown and pink wires on an 06 Sportage?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,427
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 6:28 AM / IP Logged  
I know the pink is the factory disarm wire maybe hes using those wires
I believe its a blue connector the lock wires are in. There 2 wires in each cavity (2 blue and 2 green )
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
We use the astro chart. they said these are the factory arm and disarm wires because these only test when you use the key in the door... They do not list any other wires... what is the AVOX program you use? Audiovox?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
Nothing wrong with using the wires that come from the door. Since you said you can lock/unlock the car by pulsing the wires to ground, surely you've found the right wires.
Not familiar with Astro units, but you should be testing the lock and unlock outputs to see if they're working or not.
Also, Audiovox wiring guides can be found at techservices.audiovox.com
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 10, 2010 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
BoominRolla wrote:
and if i straight ground the brown lock wire it will do nothing
I would try that green wire and see if it doesn't lock the door for you. Use your lock output to the green and keep your factory alarm arm wire on that brown. Give it a shot and let us know!
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  

Ok so I found the green and blue wires. (-) Lock and unlock in the drivers kick pannel... These are in the middle blue plug in the kick pannel below the yellow and above the white plug. I counted in pin # 2 and 3... There are 2 wires (dark green and dark blue) in each pin of the plug!

THANKS ALOT GUYS! I'VE BEEN INSTALLING FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS AND HAD NO INFO THIS "FIX" WAS COMPLETED IN ABOUT 15 MINS THANKS TO Y'ALL I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE 12 VOLT FORUMS FOR ABOUT 3 YEARS (WHEN I GOT DONE INSTALLING FULL TIME) I KNEW I COULD COUNT ON YOU GUYS I'LL UPDAT MY SYSTEM AT WORK!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic