icon

2009 honda fit sport alarm/rs auto

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
e10tran 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 3:37 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks tedmond & everyone for all your help. My install will be successful because of all the information.
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2010 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
Can someone show me where the tach (light blue) wire is under the hood? I can't seem to find it. Also what is the best way to run wires through the firewall from the pedals to the engine bay?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 7:31 AM / IP Logged  

there is a loom heading towards the injectors. tach wire in side. or open up plastic cover covering the cylinders, and connect to blue or white.

if its an auto, you can run wires through the opening for the clutch pedal, or look for a factory loom and run it through there.  

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  
I am having trouble with the remote start bypass module using "PKALL." There is no wire colors for a 2009 Fit on the paper manual nor is there one on their website at xpresskit.com. I called them and they told me to use "light green (data)" & "red (ignition)" and for the "D2D" cable to run 12V+ power to pin#4 (wire closest to the 6pin on the pkall and run black to ground which is pin#2. Also to use the programming instruction for a 2006-2009 Honda Civic but it does not work. After I put connector 1 in, the pkall module led already turns on before I even plug connect 2. I think the wiring may be off somehow. My car remote starts when the key is in, in the "off" position. PKALL manuals are always very confusing & off on the instructions. It would help if I had the pinout for the factory 7-pin connect. Colors are BROWN / gray/blue/lt. GREEN/ GREEN/ RED / pink.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2010 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

at the transponder 7pin connector, you need the data and ignition wire.

Data - Pin 3 (light green)

Ignition - Pin 2 (yellow or red)

Do not connect the ground when running wire just yet. Program the PKALL before connecting GWR wire.

Ted
Compustar Expert
e10tran 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. I called xpresskit a second time & he gave me the following for the pkall:
Ignition - Red (pin#2)
Data - Green (pin#3)
He asked me if the green wire was smaller then the light green and I replied with "yes." He told me then the green is the data, data wire is smaller then the rest.
This worked for me & everything is good and running now. I wanted to share what I did so that someone with the same vehicle will be able to get the correct wires. I want to thank everyone at the12volt for your patience & help.
tedmond 
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  

good to know you got it working.

finishing up always feels that much better when you DIY.

Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: February 12, 2010 at 7:04 AM / IP Logged  

oh forgot, now you have to take a picture of your install.

As a rule for DIY on the12volt, if we find that its messy or we can see the brain, we will flame you !! 2009 honda fit sport alarm/rs auto - Page 2 -- posted image.

ahah. Cheers

Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic