icon

viper 5101 rs, 2004 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accordexxx 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I bet this topic has been covered a million times ...
I did try searching, running from my computer to my garage multiple times trying to find a solution but no dice.
Info:
Viper 5101 Remote start
Car: 2004 Honda Accord couple 4cyl
transmission : Manual
Here is how I wired everything up ... Can someone just check it over for me ? (Especially the H3 harness?) I spent a good 4 hours researching which wires are actually needed and which aren't for a very basic install.
I want to use my oem fob for the keyless entry and my RS strictly for remote starting.
Here goes the wiring.
Main Harness (H1) 12-Pin connector
H1/2 RED (+)12v CONSTANT INPUT - White (+12v cont)
H1/5 BLACK (-) CHASSIS GROUND - Ground
** 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 Not Used
H2 Harness, 18-pin connector
H2/9 Violet/White Tachometer Input - Connected to ignition coil
H2/15 Grey (-) Hood pin input - Connected to hood pin (ground)
H2/17 Brown (+) Brake shutdown input - Connected to brake pedal switch
H2/18 BLACK/ White (-) Neutral safety switch - Connected to E-Brake
**1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,12,13,14,16 Not Used
Remote Start, (H3) 8-pin connector
H3/1 Pink (+) Ignition 1 Input/Output - Connected to ignition wire
H3/2 RED / White (+) Fused (30A) ignition 2/Flex relay input 87 - Connected to +12v cont
H3/3 Orange (+) Accessory output - Connected to Accessory line
H3/4 Violet (+) Start output - Conencted to Starter line
H3/5 Red (+) Fused (30A) Ignition 1 Inpaut - Connected to +12v cont
H3/6 Ignition 2/flex relay out put - N/A
H3/7 Pink/Black (+) flex relay input 87a - N/A
H3/8 RED / Black (+) Fused (30A) Accessory/Start input - Connected to +12v cont
That's how I wired it, I'm pretty sure I covered everything required?
Pretty much the minimum requirements?
Anyways what happens when I try to start it , nothing happens. I'm getting 7 flashes for the error.
I read something about manual tranmission mode? I read the procedures when searching and it was to start the car, hit hte brake pedal, pull the e brake, take the key out, and the car should be running, but no dice for me, it just turns off.
I try to change it into automatic transmission mode, but without the parking lights and horn connected, im not 100% sure if im doing it right... from the procedures I followed though, it doesnt work...
Any ideas guys?
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  

You obviously want to leave it in manual transmission mode.

When you start the car with the key and then remote start it while the car is still running does the unit click or do anything?

Does the unit have a toggle switch for the NSS?  If so, is it plugged in and activated?  Are you positive that your ebrake rests at ground when it is on?  Did the unit learn the tach signal?

Also, you won't be happy with the DEI unit only controlling remote start - you pretty much have to hook up keyless to the DEI unit as well.  You can keep your OEM fob for trunk pop!

Kevin Pierson
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

You obviously want to leave it in manual transmission mode.

When you start the car with the key and then remote start it while the car is still running does the unit click or do anything?

Does the unit have a toggle switch for the NSS?  If so, is it plugged in and activated?  Are you positive that your ebrake rests at ground when it is on?  Did the unit learn the tach signal?

Also, you won't be happy with the DEI unit only controlling remote start - you pretty much have to hook up keyless to the DEI unit as well.  You can keep your OEM fob for trunk pop!

Well yeah it does make sense to keep it in manual transmission mode but I remember reading something like you have to manually start the car or something and then remove the key which sorta defeats the purpose of it ? I've also read if you switch it to automatic mode you dont have to manually start it, just you risk your car being in gear.
Anyways, right now I'm at school, I will be double checking connections again and listening if the unit clicks or not when I get home so I will post tonight.
But for now I cant remember if the unit clicks or not, the ebrake does rest at ground when its on, i even just grounded it as a test and still no dice. NSS is plugged in and toggled to the on position.
When I checked last night everything seem'd to be fine, I just got the 7 flashes which I cant find out why.
And as for the keyless, if I were to hook up the keyless on my RS, how would my oem keyless buttons work? Does it interfere? Im not really sure so I just kept it basic.
KPierson 
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  

You have to remote start the car BEFORE you shut it off, then get out of the car and turn the remote start off (or some other sequence not sure on your particular model).  This guarentees that the car is in N and can safely be started by remote.  This is a huge safety thing and if you have a manual transmission is the only safe way to add a remote start.

If you can't do the remote start take over (remote start when running) there are only a few things to check:

NSS toggle switch (must be grounded)

NSS Input (must  be grounded)
Hood pin input (must not be grounded)
tach input (must be connected and learned)

You can eliminate most of these by either grounding or floating the wire at hand.  You can bypass the tach by switching to voltage for testing purposes.

When you switched to auto transmission what error code did you get when you tried to remote start it?

As far as the keyfob goes, you will need to hook the factory disarm wire up - I believe it is in the door.   Then you can use the DEI keyfob just like it is your factory keyfob.  The issue at hand here is that your OEM keyfobs will NOT work when you remote start the car.  So, if you remote start it you will either have to use the DEI keyfob to unlock it or use the actual key itself.

Kevin Pierson
dasbogie 
Silver - Posts: 514
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  
7 flashes is manual transmission mode not enabled.  You have to do the shutdown sequence in order for it to remote start.  with the car running it goes, foot brake ebrake, release footbrake, hit remote start on the fob, open door then close door and finally hit lock on the remote.  that should shut the car down.  if anything is out of whack it wont rs or if a door is opened before you try to r/s , it cancels the r/s initialize. 
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 3:28 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

You have to remote start the car BEFORE you shut it off, then get out of the car and turn the remote start off (or some other sequence not sure on your particular model).  This guarentees that the car is in N and can safely be started by remote.  This is a huge safety thing and if you have a manual transmission is the only safe way to add a remote start.

If you can't do the remote start take over (remote start when running) there are only a few things to check:

NSS toggle switch (must be grounded)

NSS Input (must  be grounded)
Hood pin input (must not be grounded)
tach input (must be connected and learned)

You can eliminate most of these by either grounding or floating the wire at hand.  You can bypass the tach by switching to voltage for testing purposes.

When you switched to auto transmission what error code did you get when you tried to remote start it?

As far as the keyfob goes, you will need to hook the factory disarm wire up - I believe it is in the door.   Then you can use the DEI keyfob just like it is your factory keyfob.  The issue at hand here is that your OEM keyfobs will NOT work when you remote start the car.  So, if you remote start it you will either have to use the DEI keyfob to unlock it or use the actual key itself.

Tried again and no dice, the unit just ends up clicking.
And when you say to ground the NSS toggle, isnt it just a toggle switch that connects into the unit? Even so I did try grounding it during the process and still no luck.
And I couldnt get it into auto mode... this is getting frustrating :(
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
dasbogie wrote:
7 flashes is manual transmission mode not enabled.  You have to do the shutdown sequence in order for it to remote start.  with the car running it goes, foot brake ebrake, release footbrake, hit remote start on the fob, open door then close door and finally hit lock on the remote.  that should shut the car down.  if anything is out of whack it wont rs or if a door is opened before you try to r/s , it cancels the r/s initialize. 
Tried this and a few other variations and no luck.
I was wondering, when it comes to the part about opening and closing the door... nothing is hooked up except for the bare minimum for a the RS, would this affect it ? Since the unit wont be able to tell when a door is closed or not ?
KPierson 
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
In manual mode you will need the door pin wire hooked up (if there is one)
Kevin Pierson
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:
In manual mode you will need the door pin wire hooked up (if there is one)
Are you referring to the (-) door trigger wire? I tried it, and still no dice. This thing is driving me crazy, I programmed my tach sucessfully but im still getting the 7 flashes error >.<
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

7 flashes says mts enabled, you have to connect your door trigger in order for the r/s to work or to change the setting to automatic!

commit your way to jehovah and he will act in your behalf. psalms 37:5
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic