viper 5101 rs, 2004 honda accord

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
accordexxx 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
^ Got it !!!
I didnt even hook up my door trigger, I just grounded it (so this will mean the module will read the door open the whole time)
So the manual transmission part works fine, now I want to switch it over to automattic... just because I got a remote start to start my car from a distance without going outside rather than to go outside , start it and take my keys back. If I did that i woudlve just started it and locked my doors manually with another set of keys?
Anyways thanks for the help guys ! :)
Now my new goal is to find out how to get the automatic mode to work.
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  

You arn't understanding how the manual portion works.

Again, it is the ONLY safe way to remote start a manual.

When you are driving the car and park you remote start the car while it is still running.  You then exit the car and follow the shut down steps.  You will then be able to remote start the car UNLESS the door is opened, then remote starting is prohibited until you do the shut down procedure.  Once you get used to it it isn't that big of a deal.

Kevin Pierson
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
leave it in manual mode. dont cut corners and end up  damaging property or injuring somone or something.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

You arn't understanding how the manual portion works.

Again, it is the ONLY safe way to remote start a manual.

When you are driving the car and park you remote start the car while it is still running.  You then exit the car and follow the shut down steps.  You will then be able to remote start the car UNLESS the door is opened, then remote starting is prohibited until you do the shut down procedure.  Once you get used to it it isn't that big of a deal.

Oh, I think I get what your trying to say.
So pretty much doing the procedure just makes sure its in neutral.
Once I lock the door, it will turn the car off. Pretty much showing I am OUTSIDE of the vehicle with it running (in neutral).
So the NEXT time im INSIDE my house and my car is outside, the procedure just PREPARES the unit to be allowed to remote started from inside my house without me having to leave?
I was confused because, everything works find in my car, especially doing the procedure, and it would shut down when I would lock it, but when I would go to remote start it. I would get the 7 flashes error :s
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2010 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
This unit took me a good 3 hours to hook up (wires are still every where!) , and then two WHOLE days of trouble shooting and it still doesnt work >.<
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM / IP Logged  
NVM after a good 20 mis of messing around I found out the procedure!!!
Start the car
Hit the brake, while holding it, pull the e-brake and then release the foot brake.
Hit the remote start button.
remove key
Open door (door trigger has to be connected, tape the -ve wire on the ground to simulate a opened and closed door)
Lock to shut down the car.
To start,
Unlock the car,
Hit remote start and car should fire.
Now I face ANOTHER problem ! when will it end :(
Anyways I relearned the tach, and when I remote start, the car doesnt crank but it does recive power (pretty much the same as turning the key into the "ON" position)
it will not startm, retry 3 times, and then the parking lights will flash 5 times giving a (+) brake pedal error ...
How does that make sense if it's installed correctly enough for the shut down procedure to work :S
accordexxx 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2010 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  
sorry for the above 5 flash error , it is Brake wire is active. Sorry I read the wrong error.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic