icon

lower load or more power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AL4^RuNNer 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I had thought here recently of redoing the Accord in RF stuff and in the end replacing those rfz2412's with HX2'sThis was the setup I was looking at getting:

HU-RFX9110 AM/FM CD/MP3 Player

2-HX2 RFD2212 12" DVC Woofers

1-Power P1000.2 2-Channel Amplifier

2pr-FNX3401X Fanatic X Tweeters

1pr-FRC3369 6x9" 3-Way Speakers

1pr-FRC3206 6.5" 2-Way Speakers

1-Punch 500X 4-Channel Amplifier

It would take me a little while as you know the price tags on RF goods aren't very cheap.

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry.......
wvsquirrel 
Gold - Posts: 1,237
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 1:57 AM / IP Logged  
I thought about a second pair of tweeters for the rear, but I'm not sure how it would through the acoustics off (normally highs/mids up front, mids at the rear seat, and subs in the trunk/hatch)
I've got a second set at home already (original parts from my old Mach460 system) that I might hook back up straight from the headunit with bass blockers.
Squirrel
"No more Cpt. Kirk chit chat"
If its too loud, then you're too old
Donate to the12volt.com
AL4^RuNNer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 2:12 AM / IP Logged  
I don't have tweeters in either one of my cars so I have no I dea on their sound yet, but I have tweeters on the pilars of both my 4runner(pioneer) and my cherokee(polk) The new tweeters in my 4runner are very loud the amp is about 1/2 way up and I have to adjust the hu. The polks in my cherokee are on a profile small 4 ch they are almost just right. It has extremely good sound because it is a 2 door and I put dynamat in the rear after the doors. The only thing bad about it is the profile amp and the hu is kinda out dated, not to mention I bought the tweeters almost 2 yrs ago. But as far as bass it reacts good off of the sealed glass windows, and I have never had any complaints about the amp or subs. Which I bought both new about a year ago. The sony speakers do ok but are not my number one choice.
wvsquirrel 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
I'm underpowering my 5.25's and 6x8's right now. The Kenwood amp I'm using was originally bought to power some subs, but got replaced by my Power 500bd. I don't have the $'s to get another amp, but I have another Kenwood 4-channel amp lying around. I might have to hook it up with my other 4-channel Kenwood and bridge both. That should get my mids and highs sounding sweet.
I think my headunit is the 1st to go though. The vibration from the bass gets so intense that it makes the CD skip! So if I can't figure out what's going on, then I'll have to replace it
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
AL4^RuNNer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:01 AM / IP Logged  
I haven't had much experience with sony HU's I had one in a explorer I used to own it was an explod i don't remember what model it was it never gave me any problems.That head unit you have is a pretty popular choice where I live or at least it used to be, I can recall at least 3 of my friends buying those. I actually had a chance to get one for 150.00 and let it go cause I got a better deal on a pioneer deh-6400(85.00). I think the next HU I buy (which i am not really need ing one but who know.) will be either new Alpine or Pioneer Priemer. I was hoping to find a nice double din to take up the compartment in my 4 runner, but all the DD I can find are like base models with no frills just tape/cd. But  I also do all of my purchasing on-line. Because the only stereo shop where I live has an owner on a power trip, selling "legacy" amps a little above retail and everything at about 50% higher than msrp.
wvsquirrel 
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:07 AM / IP Logged  
It was pretty popular down here too. It works great, it just can't handle the bass vibrations. Close to 700 watts is enough to shake just about anything up! I used to have an Alpine headunit that was tits, but the CD player finaly crapped out. I would have gotten another one, but the Sony was cheaper and I was on a tight budget. What did you think of the GM-D500M I linked to earlier?
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
AL4^RuNNer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:20 AM / IP Logged  
I looked at it before purchasing the gm-x972 and probably the only thing that did stop me from getting it was the price I can get 2 gm-x 972 a little under the cheapest I can find the GM-D500M. I do like the design and the Idea of a class d instead of a/b. And being stable down to 1 ohm instead of 2 stereo and 4 mono. But I got the gm-x972 for $100.00 new so for the money, and the brand, thats decent. A friend of mine purchased a Legacy 600 watt (the dinky chrome ones) amp at our local shop and paid 129.00 plus tax. for a Legacy..And all it is, is a distortion maker. I will probably mess with it a bit tommorrow and decide if I want to go ahead and order another gm-x972
wvsquirrel 
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:24 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, price can deffinately play a role lower load or more power - Page 2 -- posted image. I paid around $600 for my RF Power 500bd. I can get them cheaper online, but it wouldn't have the RF factory waranty.
I work 3rd shift so I don't have a choice, but what the hell are you doing up this late on a Friday morning!
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
AL4^RuNNer 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
It's our spring break and instead of going somewhere like everyone else I opted to stay home and save countless dollars. Kinda started regreting it about  wed. but it gives me a chance to get some stuff accomplished. But I'll mess with it today and post a follow up.
wvsquirrel 
Posted: April 11, 2003 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  
Cool. Good luck
Squirrel
Donate to the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic