icon

carvox 2300a, 530t, 98 f150?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordfan2 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  
I cant seem to get my window roll up module to work. I actually had bought two modules. The guy i bought from off ebay said i would need two modules if i wanted them to go up and down. So i wired both window DOWN(s) to one module and wired the two window UP(s) to the other module. I hooked up both pos's and neg's. Now there is two wires on the module, i'm not sure what to wire it too. It has an orange wire (500ma Activation) and a Pink (To accessory). I just installed a Carvox 2300A Keyless entry alarm and remote start system into my 1998 Ford F150. I also just converted it to power windows myself from manual. Now i've read in a couple places i need to wire the orange wire to my starter killer relay that came with the remote start module. Then what does the pink wire do? Is it even possible to wire two modules to one system. The carvox system came with a 200ma Window Roll Up output for a module. So i was going to try and wire the UP module to that output. Then see if i could program the systems AUX output to trigger the DOWN module. I'm starting to think i cant do both just because the brain unit only sends out the ground output to the orange wire once. So i couldnt trigger the UP module to do anything? Someone Help!
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  

My Cavox alarm system has two ouputs. One is a purple wire that is for Positive Door triggers. The other is a Green wire that is for Negative outputs. According to some websites mine is a negative door trigger? So I tried the green wire and the main unit just clicks over and over, and stops when i unplug it. The unit has the domelight supervision output also which they say i can wire either the purple or green one into. I was also told that in order to use the domelight supervision i would need relay #775 for it to work otherwise the domelight stays on too long and sets the alarm off.  I'm totally lost with this thing. I hope someone can give me a hand on this.

1998 Ford F150 Light Duty

This is the sheet i got from the guy offline who i bought the whole system from.
Domelight Supervision (+) - Black Lt/Blue
Driver Door Trigger (-) - BLACK / YELLOW
The sheet also states that both the domelight supervision and the passenger door trigger is BLACK/ Lt Blue.

fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  

I also forgot to mention how i wired the relay. I found it online for either positive or negative domelight supervision. I wired it for positive because on this sheet it says its runnin positive.

85 Domelight Supervision Wire from brain unit
86 12v Constant
87 Either + or -
30 Domelight Supervision wire in Vehicle

icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
The orange wire on the modules is the "activation".
That wire waits till it gets a (-) ground, and when it does it activates the module which ever way you wired it.
So If you wanted to roll down the module needs a constant (-) on the orange wire to work.
Same thing for the Roll up.
I don't know what the PINK wire is for but I never use it.
Usually you want to connect the ORANGE wire of the ROLL UP window to the "(-) when armed" output of the alar.
Then use an AUX output of the alarm to the ORANGE of the ROLL DOWN module. On this make sure the aux is set to LATCH so that its a CONSTANT (-) when you press aux on the remote of the alarm.
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  
So then i wouldnt use the seperate Window Roll up output that is stated in the main wire diagram in the back of the book?
icearrow6 
Copper - Posts: 497
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
Yep. if your alarm has the option .
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2010 at 7:03 PM / IP Logged  
For some reason i still cant get it to function right. I have the orange UP module wire tied to the orange wire from the 500ma - when armed unit and still doesnt roll up. I dont have the switches for the windows hooked up yet. Would that be the problem?
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  

So i've been working on my install of a carvox alarm, keyless entry, and remote start system for a while now on my 98 f150. I'm figuring that something is getting a constant from somewhere its not suppose to be but i dont know where or how. I bought this kit off ebay along with a lock actuator kit all in one bundle. The actuators are the 5 wire wire units. That all had its own wiring and module so that was painless install. Then i started installing the alarm system and i got it to lock and unlock perfectly fine and had no problems. I installed the starter kill relay which was prewired with 2 green wires, an orange and yellow. Mine called for a relay also to be installed for domelight supervision. I'm goin to lay down how i wired the relays and things at the bottom. I also bought two window roll up modules for the 2 door truck. I was told to buy two if i wanted up and down capability.

12 pin harness.

1.Red- 12v constant
2. Brown (+) Light output
3. Brown (+/-)- Not wired
4. RED / Black- Trunk Output- Not wired
5. Pink-Siren-wired to positive of siren
6. Black- Solid Ground
7. Yellow-Ground for locks
8. White-unlock #30 common
9.Orange-Unlock #87
10. Yellow/black- Ground for locks
11. WHITE/ Black- Unlock #30
12.ORANGE / Black- Lock #87

7 Pin Harness

GREEN / WHITE- 200ma Factory Rearm- Not wired as not a factory lock system"
GREEN/ Black- 200ma Factory Disarm-Not Wired
BLACK/ White- 200ma Domelight Supervision Output (See Relay)
Purple /Black -200ma Windows rolling up output- Not Wired
WHITE/ Black-200ma Aux 5 channel- Was going to wire to second window module to roll windows down)
Blue- Second Pass unlock output-Not wired
Orange-GWA Output to starter killer- I have this wired to the prewired relay killer which is also has an orange wire and attached window roll up module (orange activation output to)
6 Pin harness-
Yellow- To ignition- wired to first ign wire
Brown- Brake pedel- brake pedel postive
Black - Trunk Pin- not wired
Grey- Hood Pin- not wired
Purple(+) Positive door trigger-wired into drivers door switch pin
Green(-)- Negative door trigger, says to connect to a domelight circuit- Do i also need this wired?
Starter Module
Blue/white wire-200ma bypass output when remote start- Dont know what this does
Grey/Black- Diesel- dont have didnt wire
BLACK/ White - Neutral saftety switch- just put to ground since i own automatic
Purple- wired to tach wire under hoot at coil

Relay for domelight supervision

85-domelight supervision wire from alarm
86 12v
87 Either ground or pos depending on vehicle(i wired it 12v which according to the f150 diagrams mines a positive output for the dome)
30  domelight wire in vehicle
Some people have wired it differently on different websites so im not sure if this is how its suppose to be but it works in the truck like its suppose to. It lights up when i disarms it and dies out if the doors are still closed. When i open the door it stays on i'm pretty sure seenig the door is open.
Prewired relay for starter killer defeat
Green 1- starter motor side
Green 2- ignition side of starter motor
Yellow- tapped into ignition
Orange- tied into ground when armed output along with window roll up module at alarm module.

Also the window roll up module has a pink wire that i dont know what it does. The both have an orange wire one was to go to GWA wire and the other was going to wire into the aux channel which i cant seem to get either to work?

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,672
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Is it possible that you supplied the starter kill relay with constant power instead of the key side of the start wire?
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2010 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  

What should the ground when armed output rest at with a meter when disarmed? Mine had the same reading armed or disarmed? What does everyone else's read out. I put the positive lead of the meter to power and put the neg lead to the GWA output and thats how i got my reading. I'm trying to figure out why my window roll up modules wont work.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic