icon

carvox 2300a, 530t, 98 f150?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fordfan2 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2010 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all, i have a few questions i'm hoping someone can answer for me. I just got the 530T in the mail and got it installed. Now the problems that occur. This is a 98 f150 single cab. Had manual everything till i did a full swap with power locks windows ect. I also recently installed a Carvox 2300a model alarm, remote start system in it. When i hook up the orange wire from the 530t to the GWA output on my alarm it doesnt get the trigger. So i went and got a relay from autozone and wired it into my door lock trigger and they roll up fine every time i lock it. Is there a way to bypass the windows going up if i wanted to just lock the vehicle? Which means without that output working i cant get my starter kill relay to work as far as the anti grind feature either. Also, what should my setting be on my remote for my aux channel when i want to roll the windows down? Because so far they vent and then right after that they roll down. In general, since i have to wire the relay to my lock pulse output can i bypass it from the keyfob to not roll up when i arm it? Thanks to all
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
Use an aux wire set to 10secs. timed instead of the GWA or diode split the GWA for the two functions, i.e. roll up and starter cut. The aux you're using for venting should be left as pulsed.
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Well howie, i have the RED / white (windows down) wire hooked to my aux channel and my choices are 8 secs, 15 secs, or latched. Now i have a seperate wire for window roll up feature but it shows a constant ground all the time? The second i put the orange wire from the 530t the windows rolled up without evening arming the system. I thought that was just suppose to give a timed pulse (ground) when you put the system in arm mode? My GWA output wire doesnt change ever when i put the meter on it. Whats the best way to check it? I just put the red probe from the meter to 12v and the black probe to the GWA output wire. Is that the proper way to test it? The book said i could use a relay to tie my windows roll up from the 530t to my lock pulse output but everytime the locks lock the windows roll up. When i put it in drive, it locks and the windows roll up? What else can i try?
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
Heres the situation, my windows roll up every single time my truck locks. The windows could be down, i get in start my truck, throw it in drive, the doors lock and the windows roll up! The wiring is the problem i know but what can i do about it. My gwa output on my alarm doesnt seem to function at all and my window roll up output on my alarm shows a constant ground. So when i hook the 530t's orange wire to it, it automatically rolls the windows up the second its hooked up. So i hooked my 530ts wire to a relay and then from the relay to my door lock pulse and it rolls up everytime it locks. Is there a solution to this issue? Thank you
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
If your GWA wire is really messed up, the following relay would help:
Relay 1
86 - ignition
85 - ground
87a - lock wire from alarm
30 - input of 530T
You will need to split the output of the lock wire from the alarm with 2 diodes. Strip side of the diodes facing the alarm. This may cause an issue where the lock output may not be strong enough to trigger the locks. If that happens, you could add two relays (total of 3) and skip the diodes.
Relay 2
86 - constant 12v
85 - lock output of alarm
87 - ground
30 - lock wire of car
Relay 3
86 - constant 12v
85 - lock output of alarm
87 - ground
30 - 87a of relay 1
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 16, 2010 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
So Jworm, what i would do is split the lock wire into two wires with two seperate diodes, one diode wire will go to the relay and the other diode wire would go to my lock unit for the power locks. Then if that doesnt do the trick, i can use two more total of three relays to solve the issue. Am i reading you right? Now if just the first relay does the trick what is it doing for me. Will this relay then fix the problem as far as it only locks when i arm the system from my keyfob and not when i put it in drive and the door locks? Thanks JWorm i really apperciate it!
fordfan2 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2010 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
Jworm, i wired it like the way you said with diodes and it has enough power to do both jobs but it doesnt work through the relay. I can wire everything together with diodes without the relay and it will work but the windows go up everytime it locks. So if the diodes work, then there is no need for two more relays. I just cant figure out why its not working. Please help!
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic