Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  

islandrpryde wrote:
alright here is the news....
installed the CANMAX400.... FAIL! it will not program!
Wiring was easy because when running D2D you only have to hook up 7 wires.
2x Can
2x Ignition (just wired together - input from one harness to output from other harness)
2x Rx/Tx from immobilizer
1x Tach Output
im even more frustrated than before!!
has anyone personally used a system with the "G" stamped keys that WORKS for sure?!

Yes, this one...

https://idatalink.com/

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
islandrpryde 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 6:23 AM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:

islandrpryde wrote:
alright here is the news....
installed the CANMAX400.... FAIL! it will not program!
Wiring was easy because when running D2D you only have to hook up 7 wires.
2x Can
2x Ignition (just wired together - input from one harness to output from other harness)
2x Rx/Tx from immobilizer
1x Tach Output
im even more frustrated than before!!
has anyone personally used a system with the "G" stamped keys that WORKS for sure?!

Yes, this one...

https://idatalink.com/

Mike that really tells me nothing at all. I'm trying to figure out who has actually done this on a 2010 Tundra 80-bit... because I have listened to the manufactures as well and now have 2 modules that do not work.. so if ur telling me that idatalink works.. then which module and which firmware? thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
iDatalink lists their ADS TB module flashed with the ADS TB TL2 firmware or their ADS AL-CA module flashed with the ADS AL(TB)-TL2 firmware for the 2010 Toyota Tundra with the regular 80 bit key.  ( I have not actually done a remote start  install on any 80 bit Toyota key. )   Here is a link to their news release:  http://www.idatalink.com/news
Soldering is fun!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,669
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 8:00 AM / IP Logged  
If you are getting frustrated, I know that a key in a coffin with a halo around the key cylinder does work.  I have no idea the number of the coffin/halo we used but I can find out and post later today.  
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Trust me it works. I have done them and the 80 bit solution they provide will work with zero issues. Use the bypass Kreg lists, make SURE it has the proper firmware and it will work. You will have to run wires to the passenger KP for data but no big deal. I have done 2 Tundras already with G keys....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
islandrpryde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
ok so this is the final report.. earlier today i spoke with DEI once again.. come to find out the CANMAX400 only works for the tundra if it has a PTS (push to start) button. i didnt even know this was an option for the truck. weird.
neways explaining to them what my problem was they apologized for giving me the wrong information. Then they told me that the PKALL should work. I told them how i went that route and am now left with a BRICK PKALL, and a useless CANMAX400. He explained to me that i have to hook up the PKALL to the IMO/IMI wires located at the passenger kick panel like the XK05. wiring is A LOT different though!
I got to work and THANK GOD!! finally SUCCESS! I will be posting the installation wiring on a separate new post to not confuse other members.
Thanks to everyone again for their help.. i really hope no one else has to experience what i had to go through..
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2010 at 6:40 AM / IP Logged  
PTS is not an option for this truck. Shame you got jerked around....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
islandrpryde 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 22, 2010 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
yea tell me about it.. i knew it wasn't an option.. that's what doesn't make any sense at all...
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 23, 2010 at 5:44 AM / IP Logged  
thast DEI for ya...always walking around the bush to not helping DIYers
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2010 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

I think it might work ( but have not done one yet ) with the PKALL if you flash it with the latest firmware ( at least V4.00 ) and follow this guide:   https://ifar.ca/download/2155/key-override-all_toyota_tundra_-_g_stamped_key_%282010-2011%29.rev-a.pdf

I believe the PKALL is a rebadged Fortin Key-Overide-All.  The LED is in a different location and the wire colors are a little different on the PKALL's harness but the wire positions are the same.  There is a limit to the number of times you can program the module, so you might need another.  Here is a link on how to tell if the module is already programmed and locked:  https://ifar.ca/en/support/products/55-key-override-all_programming_diagnostics.html

The Fortin Key-Overide-All is listed as working and Tedmond has confirmed a successful "G" key install in a recent post.

I was doing my moms 2010 Tundra tonight and only had the new PKALL diagram from xpresskit.com... Would not program until I found this!!!!!  Kreg357 you are a LIFE SAVER!!! Haven't used this web site in like 5 years and when I do it pulls through big time!!!!!!!! I love this site and all the amazing people on it!!! a simple search brought me to this link... So to the OP... Thanks for "failing" when you did man lol I appreciate the topic! Now I know the "G" key is do able! Bring em on!

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic