autopage, mercury mariner 2007

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
and0b 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
Do you really think you will understand flip flock low current lock outputs? set up as neg, i.e green to lock and blue to unlock to the relevant lock/unlock trigger wires in your car.
English is my second language but I don't have any problem with understanding tech. mumbo jumbo, specially in writing, until it is not completely encrypted.
I understood English before I was able to talk in English, this is due to large amount of tech. doc. I used to read and translate.
Thanks,
Andrew
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldn't have known English was your second language, your command of it is very good but since you haven't given me your email address I have to assume you already have the vehicle diagrammes etc. Hence all your questions so far are moot, it's now 2:00am here and I need my bed.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
I'll ask too, do you have a bypass for the car?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
and0b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I wouldn't have known English was your second language, your command of it is very good but since you haven't given me your email address I have to assume you already have the vehicle diagrammes etc. Hence all your questions so far are moot, it's now 2:00am here and I need my bed.
I posted my email few posts earlier, here it is again:
and0b@yahoo.com
Thank you!
Andrew
and0b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Mike M2 wrote:
I'll ask too, do you have a bypass for the car?
On order, I should have it in the middle of the week.
Andrew
and0b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

This was my thought H, sounds as if he has no tech sheet!

I am with you on another statement. "have it installed by a pro"

I want to install it by myself, not because I want to save few $$, just because I want to do it! For this same reason I'm doing most jobs on my cars(brakes, mufflers, struts, shocks, radiators, water pumps, alternators, starters, electric/electronic etc.... - I don't do alignment, transmissions, engines...). I'm programmer - database administrator - I can help you with FoxPro or VB if you need help, but with remote starters I need some help from you. Don't have doubts about, I will do it, you will help me or not, it will work, just matter of time.... I'm Polish, I will do it.
Thanks!
Andrew
and0b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2010 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
I have some materials, which I found on the net and I will appreciate for any materials you can email me, but my biggest problem is in this installation manual.
How should I (or anybody who was not in AutoPage training) know which wire control door lock if you have two references to two door locking wires!(see earlier post) First is for electronic door lock switch, with second the don't say anything, so I'm assuming so it is for all other, but does mean so I have to just skip it if I have electronic door lock switch??? How should I connect this wire than?
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 3:27 AM / IP Logged  
The whole point is you are the one making your questions more complex, if I started to explain flip-flop lock out puts, multiplex wiring as on your car with resistor and relays required and why we'd have no room for any one else on this site. It's already gone 3 pages and hasn't even started.
If we say use a relay thus, do it don't ask why, work it out when you install it and pretest EVERYTHING otherwise the deal's off and NO ADVICE.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 3:31 AM / IP Logged  
By the way two types of amateurs make us cringe, industrial electricians who can't think DC, higher currents and relays and IT people who tend to spend all their time criticising the alarm and car software are always tweaking everything and ask too many bloody questions.
and0b 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2010 at 8:32 AM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
The whole point is you are the one making your questions more complex, if I started to explain flip-flop lock out puts, multiplex wiring as on your car with resistor and relays required and why we'd have no room for any one else on this site. It's already gone 3 pages and hasn't even started.
If we say use a relay thus, do it don't ask why, work it out when you install it and pretest EVERYTHING otherwise the deal's off and NO ADVICE.
Thank you Howard! I got wiring info, it will help a lot, I now know, I have only one accessory wire.
But I still don't know which option should I use to lock/unlock door lock.
Andrew
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic