icon

xk05 bypass programming

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
syn664 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
I am using this on a toyota corolla 2010. I cannot seem to get this to program. All my wires are correctly placed.
I have teh brown GWR connectd to the keysense, i heard somewhere that i should remove this. I have tried BTW.
when i try programming it with a key, i turn to IGN and the red LED comes on. I turn the car on and it just cranks with no turn on. when i turn the key off the LED goes out.
when i connect the pink IMI wire back together the car turns on just fine. I HAVE tried switching the IMI wires in the case i got them backwards, same result.
I have also tried tricking the bypass by... while having the pink IMI wire connect to each other i turn the key to IGN. i turn the car on and off and leave it on IGN. so the red LED is on. i then attach the IMI wires to the correct wires on teh bypass (i am using gator grips not solder while testing) then when i turn the car on it turns on but then a second or two later it turns off. i get the same results when trying the remote start.
I have tried everything how can i get this thing to program. I have a XK05-PKT2.
thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,789
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 6:44 AM / IP Logged  

What band / model remote starter?  Are you running D2D with the D2D 4 Pin harness connected?  Or are you running W2W with no D2D harness connected and the +12v, ground and GWR connections made via the 10 Pin harness?

The XK05 Brown Ground When Running wire should only be connected to the remote starters' (-) 200mA Status Output, assuming W2W mode, never to the cars' Keysense wire.  You want the remote starter to control the XK05 and not have the XK05 turned on whenever a key is in the ignition.

Follow the guide and wire in either D2D or W2W mode only.  Then do a XK05 module reset.  Verify all connections are properly made.  Then program to the car.

Soldering is fun!
syn664 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the reply.
I am running W2W without the D2D cable connected. The remote start I am using is a RS 160 (http://www.jcwhitney.com /jcwhitney/sku/documents /InstallationInstructions_144.pdf)
Here is my setup https://i1113.photobucket.com /albums/k501/Syn664 /Untitled-1.jpg
I have a diode on the Keysense blue wire. and there is a typo on the parking switch (it says keysense)
I am not sure which is the remote starts 200mA status output. is that the black "ground for OEM bypass modeule -)? If i connect the brown GWR to the black ground for OEM and then connect the XK05's loose black wire to a chassis, will i get better luck?
thank you very much!
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2010 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  
the ground when running goes to the status output of the remote start unit, then the red from bypass to 12v and black to ground
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
syn664 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 5:54 PM / IP Logged  
Is the status output on the remote start "Ground for OEM bypass module"?
and does the violet/white GWR out of the remote start still go to the keysense?
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
The Black Ground for bypass is just a constant ground.  It can be connected to the bypass Black wire.  The Violet/White Ground When Running wire goes to both the bypass Brown wire and the cars' Keysense wire with diode isolation.  (Keysense is only necessary if you have the Toyota Factory Alarm system.)  Typically I connect the XK05s' Red wire to the RS160 thick Red +12V Battery wire and the XK05s' Black ground to the RS160s' Black Ground Input wire ( next to the White Parking Light wire ). 
Soldering is fun!
syn664 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
Ah ok. It looks like everything in my diagram is correct then. I have the brown going to violet/white and those go to a diode which goes to the keysense. I cannot find any problems in my diagram. I am completely out of ideas....
xk05 bypass programming -- posted image.
kreg357 
Posted: December 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

Everything looks good.  Does the bypass program as per the install guide?  Where does it differ / fail ?

Are you sure the XK05 has the PKT2 firmware loaded on it?  I would re-flash the XK05 module and try again. 

Also, is this an 80 Bit key?  Is there a "G" stamped on the blade?  If not you could try the XK05 with the 5.PKTI firmware.  It is an easier install with all the connections at the ignition switch in the steering column.

Soldering is fun!
syn664 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you very much for your time. I have ordered an xloader to flash the kit. I bought it with PKT2 but I do not know for sure. I have a 40 bit key, no G on it. We will see how it goes when the kit gets here. Thanks a lot!
jkxmlr 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2010 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
Try this.  Can't find any mention of needing key in sense. 
xk05 bypass programming -- posted image.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic