icon

converting polarity issue

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

So are you saying when the car is remote started AND you OPEN the door the voice module tells you the door is open?  Is the alarm armed or disarmed at that point?  What tells the voice module that the alarm is armed?  It seems to me that the door pin portion is working but something else is not connected right.

Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Yes shouldn't the voice module be controlled via the alarm's GWA wire?
KPierson 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thats what I would think
Kevin Pierson
scam404 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
KPierson wrote:

So are you saying when the car is remote started AND you OPEN the door the voice module tells you the door is open?  Is the alarm armed or disarmed at that point?  What tells the voice module that the alarm is armed?  It seems to me that the door pin portion is working but something else is not connected right.

OK, here is how i have everything set up. I have the 5901, then i have a PKFM security bypass installed, I have a 516L voice module, and a 507M tilt sensor.
The voice module has inputs for the GWA from the alarm, (-) door trigger, and the + siren wire from the alarm. I have the GWA and the siren wire hooked up, and I had the negative door trigger input connected like in kevin's diagram. The weird thing is this, i checked the manual for the 516L and the message "intruder alert, door access" is only supposed to be announced when the system is armed.
I am thinking it might be an issue with the way i have my GWA wires hooked up.   The tilt sensor and voice module are both connected to this wire and they are not diode isolated from each other. I am not sure if that matters or not though. In order for the voice module to be announcing the intruder alert message it has to think the alarm is armed even though it is not... which is weird.
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
and to answer your other question about the voice module, it was telling me intruder alert only when i SHUT the door, not while it was open
KPierson 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
All devices on the GWA wire need to be diode isolated.  I'm not 100% sure that will fix the problem, but that is, without a doubt, where I would start first.
Kevin Pierson
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  
OK... well this will be my last post on this topic as I am giving up on it now. I went back and diode isolated the GWA wires, and hooked up the negative wire from the dome light to the voice module's (-) door trigger input. This worked perfectly for getting the voice module to do what i wanted it to do, which was say "check doors" when i left a door open and armed the alarm. However, when I remote started the car and got in, and then shut the door, the stupid thing was still saying, "intruder alert" so i said screw it and just unhooked the door trigger input to the voice module. I am convinced that something has gone wrong inside the voice module itself, because it is only screwing up while the car is running on remote start that must be the case. The door trigger input works perfectly when the car is off. Anyhow, thank you for all your help on this one guys, I will now be moving on to my next challenge, installing two 530t window modules, which should prove to be fun.
KPierson 
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I refuse to let that be your last post about this!
I'm still convinced something simple is wired wrong. How does the voice module "know" that the car is remote started?
By changing the door pin wire to the dome light you now know the issue isn't with that signal, so there has to be something else.
Is it possible that your gwa wire is also a gwr wire? I think I remember somewhere that certain alarms do that. Have you checked the gwa wire with a meter to see what is going on? Worst case scenario install a relay controlled by the status output of the alarm that breaks the gwa signal going to the voice module. Don't give up!
Kevin Pierson
scam404 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Kevin,
The voice module also has two inputs for the remote start, one is connected to the remote start's accessory output, and the other is connected to the status output of the remote start. The module is functioning correctly when the car remote starts, it says, "valet now starting engine, stand clear" then once the car starts it says "caution, valet operating vehicle".   So i know the module is working correctly in that aspect.    I am pretty sure the wire is a GWA only, but i can double check that. I would like to figure this out, just because i have spent so much damn time on it.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 06, 2011 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  
Those two wires are both NEGATIVE inputs on that module. One goes to the - status output from the remote start and the accessory input wire which should be ORANGE / black should go to the orange wire from the remote starts auxiliary harness. This is NOT the thicker orange ground when armed wire from the main harness but the thinner orange one in the 5 pin auxiliary harness that also has a pink/white, violet, pink and blue wire in the harness.
Gary Sather
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic