icon

dei, audiovox, autopage,omega issuses

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
talarchevy 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 8:28 AM / IP Logged  

hey guys, I just received a small work truck contract, (serval f150s and e series vans) looking to install basic alarm w/keyless entry. these trucks/vans are all basic no option work vechiles and i will be installing door lock acutators.  I plan on buying some alarms in bulk on the web, but am a liitle worried buying some alarms form "unauthorized deallers". I know a few years back DEI had some problems putting out some bad alarm brains.(looking for no return issuses) i have experice with omega, dei and a few audiovox alarms. my question is can anybody recomend a decent brand with a small track record of failures. im leaning towrds DEI or omega alarms. I need at least 3 alarm/rs combos and 6 alarms only. also looking for some good built key fob remotes, ones that can handle a beating. any suggestions will help or web sites suggestions where i can buy from with good prices. thank you for your help and time. 

Go BIG or go Home                                    it might not be broke, but lets fix it anyway
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
Why not 1002 Vipers, one way, rugged built in lock relays and simply add the Valet 621 to the units that need a R/S. simple, rugged etc.
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
What howard said!
talarchevy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the replies guys, im checking out the dei viper 1002. Here in town, locally i have some deals on viper 350's or some avital 3100's. they dont have the built in relays for door locks though. i want your opinon on some dei, ungo rs models SR7000 or the SR670. I can grab a few of each on ebay, just not sure about return policy. I know these are DEI products however on the dei website they dont even claim them, maybey cause they rebadge them as clarion units. Any thoughts on these ungo units?
Go BIG or go Home                                    it might not be broke, but lets fix it anyway
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

never used any ungo units personally but hear they are great units.

Compustar pro !wams, fairly inexpensive unit to buy. The plus side is the compustar 6200 which is a remote start, can be turned into an alarm with the addition of a shock sensor and siren. Its just a programming option and wiring it up.

Great range, and solid unit. there are 3 diff brains you can grab for your purpose.

cm6000 - Alarm/Rs brain (true alarm with backup battery input, shock sensor and siren in package)

cm6200 - RS brain only, but you can add a shock sensor and siren yourself for little to no cost.
cm6300 - strictly alarm brain only.

I myself stock mostly cm6000 p2w900fmas for 2way systems, and 1way remote start cm6200 1WFMAS

Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
t&t tech 
Platinum - Posts: 2,608
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2011 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think clarion ungo is dei. i could be wrong, 350's are good units durable and rugged, but as you said no on-board realays for the locks, simple fix two relays, but more congestion  for you whichever you prefer.
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 7:02 AM / IP Logged  
I have had tons of problems with the older Omega alarms. K-9 and Excalibur to be specific. I worked in a shop that sold them. We had at least one return a week! At first I was thinking it was an install issue. But after much troubleshooting, I found that almost every one would simply trigger for no reason at all. We would park the car in the install bay and arm it. 10-20 minutes later it would just go off. The owner of the shop finally got so fed up with all the returns that he eventually stopped sellng them and only sold prestige and DEI. The only comebacks on the Prestige and DEI units were people who wanted the shock sensor adjusted.
talarchevy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2011 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
All good advice, thanks everyone. I wont be messing with any omega brands. Im gonna stick with DEI and audiovox, i would try to use some compustar but I hear its impossible to get tech help if your not an authorized dealer/installer. As for DEI, and audiovox theres plenty of info on the web. Anyone have any tips, thoughts, or ideas on becoming an authorized dealer of certain brands? Im in the process of getting MECP certified.( first entry level). As far as becoming an authorized dealer is there certian amounts of products i need to carry? I work out of my home, weekend installs of car audio and alarms/rs and window tint. I have busy months and slow months. If a side job is too big i will recomend them some local mom and pop shop installers. Thanks for all the advice

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic