honda s2000 compustar 2w8000fmasf

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2011 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
Honda s2000 year 2000 with factory alarm
Hey guys, IL be installing my own Compustar 2w8000fmasf. A little background information about my wiring capabilities ( Engine harness, various styles of gauges,Turbo timers, emange ,vfac car audio etc).
This is my first time installing an alarm, I will be cheating as my friend has this same system installed in his s2000. My goal will be to disect his install and copy it into mine.
He also does not have the auto start option or turbo timer setup as wont I. I Basically want the basic features as the stock s2000 alarm with the extra shock sensor, hood pin, paging system/2way capabilities.
My question are as followed
Did you guys disarm the factory alarm when installing your compustar?( can i just take the black box out ? by cutting the White Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-)Keyless Entry Module. The keyless entry module is located in the drivers kick panel behind the start button?
If im not going to have auto start I dont need any thing else do I? Ie immobilizer by pass etc. Just what ever comes with the kit.
Also where did you guys install your shock sensor
honda s2000 compustar 2w8000fmasf -- posted image.
also here is the diagram https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1085.html
I hope i didn't miss something thanks for your guys input.
Could not have done anything without HOWIE II.
blanx218 
Silver - Posts: 654
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  

Your keyless entry module controls more than just keyless entry so you wont be able to remove/disconnect it. As far as disarming the factory alarm, Unless you use the factory remote or push the lock button on the door when getting out of the car you wont be arming it therefore no reason to disarm it.

Since you arent installing a remote start you will not need an immobilizer bypass. The only thing you will need that doesnt come with the alarm are 3 relays for the door locks.

Your shock sensor should be mounted to anything that isnt metal either with screws or with zip ties if you attach it to a large wire harness or something you dont want to put screw holes in.

s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much sir, I really appreciate your response. Now for the relays Il have to get back to you on that. Im trying to figure something.
simplyfalling 
Copper - Posts: 69
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Couldnt you just tie into the lock/unlock circuit with no relays.  Use a couple of diodes inserted into the open pins at the keyless module, tie your lock/unlock wires from the compustar to the appropriate input at the keyless mod and call it a day?  There should also be a disarm circuit present at the keyless module.  You could use the disarm output from the compustar and tag that wire, which looks to be white.  That way even if you did accidently arm the factory alarm you would still be able to disarm it from your aftermarket remotes.  A blaring alarm is pretty embarrassing.....
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Whats your reasoning behind not mounting it to something metal Ie the driver side door. ?
Also to Simplyfalling I just asked A fellow s2000ner and he did not use any relays in his door triggers. Why would i need to use a diode? And I like your idea regarding tagging the white wire. I will be doing the install on the 26th. Hopefully successfully will update this thread once done. Anyone else ever installed a compustar into an s2000 please chime in.
Regards Michael
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
Also one more thing On the actual compustar harness there is a yellow Starter wire/relay(posted picture below), If im not installing auto start there is no reason for me to hook that up to the factory wiring of the car correct?. I could just cut that wire for a cleaner install. But will keep it just encase i want to autostart in future.
PS: really appreciate your guys input.
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
Ok huge turn of events check this out. Does this mean i can just take this systems wiring out and swap it with the compustar then im good to go ?
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
I've read your threads and questions:
1) Please don't attempt this yourself, your knowledge level is too low.
2) You've already confused door lock triggers with door triggers.
) Why buy a Compustar R/S and security unit when all you need is an alarm?
s2000_vtec_mike 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 2:41 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your input. I will take these into consideration. After a good hour under the dash looking how the clifford system was installed, I have a better understanding of the wiring situation. Im still going to attempt this, if i fail or give up there is a guy threw my local forum who does installs for a fair price. The reason why i dont want anyone doing the alarm install is because of how tight it is in my car. Cage and bucket seat along with low seat rails( taking seats is not an option as my hardtop is locked in and taking seats out would be impossible if i dont take hardtop out) is hard for any installer to get under my dash. Ive already done my emanage ultimate install defi gauges etc, I believe with a bit of help from you guys il have a fighting chance in completing this.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2011 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  
Fair enough and thanks for the responsible answer. In that case I will help where I can.
Your easiest pathway would be to test each Clifford wire for what it does and follow it back to source, then disconnect and emulate it with each Compustar wire.
By the way I whole heartedly agree with your views on access, although one trick is to go under the chair with the main unit if you can, even partially removing the chair.
I've played with alarm systems and done phone and audio work on them, right PITA! Rubbish door speakers and no spacers for replacements, I had to make my own!
The relay shown in the photos is a starter cut relay, you can still use it as an immobiliser. Though if you have a factory transponder immobiliser you won't need it.
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic