icon

remote start, windows, 03 g35 sedan

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 27, 2010 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
The rear windows will only work if you have the premium package - there is nothing special you have to do to make them work. The premium package adds anti pinch windows to the rear windows - without the antipinch system the comfort closure won't work. The only way to do them is to add a window module that controls the window motors of the rear windows directly.
The AUX channels should have a programmable timer on them that can be accessed through the bitwriter.
Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you! I have figured the most part out, although the window won't roll down. Any ideas? I have it wired to the negative trigger inside the door.. and my lock and unlock features work fine.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
Update: I tried reconnecting the wire again, and now it works! Must have been a loose connection, I'm going to go back tommarow morning and resolder everything.
As for the relay, do I really need one? And do you guys think I should fuse the wires that are now connected to my door triggers? I'm still learning about properly fusing. (I didn't install my alarm, I just added the window roll up function.)
This is so cool lol, I want to get it timed so it will roll up half way is there anyway to time it without a bitwriter? I don't have access to one.
KPierson 
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
What relay are you talking about?
No, you won't need to fuse the AUX channels that are connected to your lock / unlock outputs.
I don't believe you can set up timed outputs without the bitwriter but I may be wrong.
Kevin Pierson
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2010 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
Kevin, you're correct, can only be set to 30 secs. without the bitwriter.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 1:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hey how's it going, I recently had an installer do my 2003 G35 Sedan for my Clifford 50.5x and I just got a viper 5901 unit from a friend of mine that I want to install into my car. Long story short, I began to pull out the unit & wires and I found a relay that wasn't too pretty. It was the typical relay that you see on the install guides (sorry for being vague) but it was connected to Orange (ground when armed), and one was connected to I believe.. a yellow wire (ignition input into alarm?) What exactly is the reason for that relay?
My viper 5901 came off a G35 coupe which I should have took a picture of because I took the unit out myself. But he already sold the car so that's not an option for me anymore. The viper 5901 also has a relay (RL50?), it's connected to I believe a violet wire in the 18 pin connector of the viper 5901. What is the purpose of this relay? This unit came with a remote start XK07 unit as well.
Also, I looked at the viper 5901 installation manual, it says nothing about a 18 pin connector?
Thank you guys! This is my second time installing an alarm so I'm not a complete noob just second guessing myself.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, just wanted to get some clarification before I dove into wiring my 2003 G35 Sedan with a Viper 5901 and XK07 remote start.
So this is a second hand unit from a friend of mine who previously owned a G35 so it's pretty much pre-wired, just need to figure out where each wire goes lol. I took the unit out of his car but totally neglected to take pictures of where each wire goes. Long story short, here are my questions..
H1/1 Trunk Release Output, that was connected to something it has a male connector. But H1/7 Trunk Pin / Instant Trigger Input is also wired up, it has a male connector. (this was a t-tap setup btw) So I'm alittle confused.
And I'm also stuck on how to wire the starter kill? I remember having two wires that were cut and spliced but I don't remember which one went to what. I looked at the vehicle diagram provided by this site, and I was wondering which one do I cut? Starter or "Second" Starter? From there on I should be able to figure the rest out.
Oh and also, the previous installer has H3/2 (Flex Relay Input Ignition 2), H3/8 Starter Input, H3/6 Ignition 1 Input all together. Does that just go to any constant 12v?
One last thing, where does the Pink (Ignition 1 Input/Output) and Pink/White (Ignition 2 Output) all go too? I'm just lost on that part.
There is also a relay connected from the violet wire in the 18pin connector of the unit. What would this relay control? It has 2 pretty heavy gauge wires coming out of the relay..
Thanks for your help, please leave any childish remarks out I really need help getting my unit installed. And I haven't had too much luck with paying installers so I'd like to tackle this myself.
KPierson 
Posted: March 05, 2011 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Have you found an alarm/remote start wiring diagram for your car yet? That would answer most of your questions.
Trunk release output connects to the trunk release output of the car
Trunk pin connects to the trunk pin of the car
You will need to cut the starter wire and wire the starter kill through it. Since you are doing remote start you will need to connect the starter 2 wire as well to the starter 2 output of the alarm/remote start.
Remote all the TTaps and solder and tape all your connections.
Connect all your inputs to a high current battery source. Some people will tell you to run those wires directly to the battery and fuse it at the battery. There should be a high current power wire right in the ignition harness though that will work.
Connect Ignition 1 to the ignition wire of the car. From memory I don't believe your car has a second ignition. (the wiring guide will tell you this).
I'm guessing that the relay connect to the small violet wire is for the second starter.
Good luck!
Kevin Pierson
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2011 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks! You were a great help today, I found a DIY that was on my350z that I can kinda base my install off of and I got a chance to read a bunch of other FAQs/DIY to help refresh my memory. I shouldn't have anymore problems with this install.
choleaoum 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2011 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
Hey so it seems I got most of my wires wired up! Everything works great, parking lights, unlock/lock, door triggers, trunk triggers, trunk release. Remote start is wired correctly, orange to ignition 1, blue to can high, red to can low, d2d is hooked up, not yet to led. The pink wire is connected to ignition 1, pink/white is connected to starter 2, and constant 12v is connected to the WHITE/ blue. I cut the WHITE/ red (starter 1) and violet is car side, green is key side. Everything checks out nice, soldered, taped up clean.
1. I try to start the car by key with alarm disarmed, doesn't work.
2. I try to start the car with remote start, lights go dim and I hear a relay click that's it. My remote says "Remote Start Error".
3. My antenna blinks extremely fast when the car is armed.
4. My antenna continues to blink with the alarm disarmed, it's annoying lol.
5. When I tried the remote start, my lights stayed dim! I think it's just cus I have a low battery now. That crap must have drained a lot lol. I'm like 95% sure that I wired everything correctly, I followed a DIY on my350z and tweaked it a bit to work on my G35. I also used the handbook, and xk07 guide, everything. I'm more than positive my wiring is correct!
p.s I wired the can bus high / low behind my cluster using the 40 pin white connector. I was told I could do that according to the xk07 manual. (i have my brain hidden) everything is fused accordingly as well.
can anyone help me out here? i used my previous clifford 50.5x install as a reference to my proper wires, and as well as the vehicle information guide on this website. i honesty don't know what i could have missed!
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic