icon

close sunroof using alarm 2007 escalade

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dancingpaul 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2007 Escalade EXT. Last Saturday morning a RAN out of the house. I woke up, and it was raining, and I couldn't remember if I left my sunroof open.
I've never had a sunroof before this car and am pretty absent minded to begin with so I decided that I would like to get a system that will close my windows and sunroof when I lock up the car
I have decided on a Viper system (unless someone convinces me otherwise) and went to my installer to talk about the idea.
He tells me that the windows can be done with a 530T module (but will make rolling the windows up REALLY slow) and the sunroof will be VERY difficult to nearly impossible (without coming up with some sort of rig that will cost me $1000s for him to come up with and create)
We read the you could use the 529T but that it needs the ignition to be on, which defeats the purpose.
He said If i research and find a way to do it, he will do it for me. So now I come to you guys and girls looking for advice. Does anyone know a way that we would be able to make the sunroof (and windows but they're not a requirement) close when we arm the alarm?
I have found this unit which can send multiple pulses or latches based on different triggers. It will also do Pulse, and Timer relay if that helps
http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductD...ons_010505.pdf
I know that if i press the sunroof close button all the way down, it closes the sunroof all the way.
Could I trigger that button press and the window will close?
Also I know that the sunroof buttons do not work with the ignition off. Could I use this module to set a timer to provide voltage to the sunroof somewhere for , lets say 1 minute after the ignition is off?
If I can get help figuring this out, I know a TON of users would like to implement this.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 4:25 PM / IP Logged  

You need to find a new installer.

First, DEI will tell you not to use a 530T on this truck. This is from Directechs...

""Accessory Installation Warning! Window module such as the 530t that isolate the switch from the window motor at rest will not work in this vehicle. We recommend using a 529t type window module.""

I'm pretty sure the sunroof can be closed on a single negative pulse plus ignition. The switch has an 8 pin plug, on it is a wire called express close. It is green, pin 1. With some testing i bet this single wire will close the roof. Also, i notice a pink wire in pin 8. This may be the switched power for the roof( a common ignition color for GM), and if it is you could simply add a relay to give this wire power during the close process. If not, you can simply add a relay to turn the ignition on while it closes.

Worse case senerio(and the way i would prefer it), you add the close to an option button so you can close it whenever you want. This would be the most easiest way, as you would just wire two relays off the option button(one for close, one for switched power). You would simply hold down the option button until the roof is closed. I've done this many times on Toyota SUV's to roll the rear window down as they too need to see ignition on to work.

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, and i might add, if you really want it to close everytime you arm, a cheap timer to keep the ignition on for this would be the 528T. Under 20 bucks on Ebay....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
dancingpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you so much for your advice. Where are you located, maybe you could install it for me? :)
He did tell me that we could not use a 530 and we may be able to figure something out with the 529T.
couple quick questions - If the pink wire is a switched ignition +12V, what would be the disadvantage of just clipping that and hooking it up to a constant +12V? than I wouldn't have to deal with any relays and timers for powering, just the pulse for the express close. or would it cause other issues like a current draw? (not sure how if the switches are not being pressed)
If I do need to create a timer relay for the +12V what do you think about using a PAC TR7. seems like it would be able to handle both the +12V timer relay and the pulse.
And what about the windows? is it true that if I put the 5XXT modules on them they will work much slower?
Thank you SO much for your advice. I really do appreciate poeple taking the time out to help
Mike M2 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2011 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  

My guess is the roof would hold a current draw if powered all the time from the roof control module. Definately wouldn't recommend it. Still, the easiest way is to add 2 relays and close it with an option button. At least this way you could leave it open if you wish.

I'm located in Maryland...:)

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
OmarR 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2011 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Paul,  how does the sunroof operate on your 2007? On my 2003 Tahoe, if I hold the "close" side, it will close the sunroof. If I hit the "close" again, it will go to vent. Does your 07 work in the same manner?
dancingpaul 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2011 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  
No, mine has 2 seperate buttons. One for slide, and one for up/down

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic