icon

First Alarm, 97 Honda Civic

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zerovandez 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 8:03 AM / IP Logged  

I've double checked the dome relay. It is wired just as the installation manual suggests. I've disconnected the trunk from the door trigger and still the problem exists. I'm okay with the door triggering if the trunk/hatch is open. Yes, there is NOT a door open indicator on these vehicles. I have the entire wire schematic to my car and it doesn't list any. Again, the roof light is our indicator that a door is open. Take a look at that schematic I posted, you will see how the the common wire is lt.GREEN/ red. It's ran from the dome light down to the passenger, up to the driver and under the dash. That's what makes isolating the light so difficult; the door trigger IS the dome light wire otherwise, I would've looked for other options.

Here's what I've checked for in regard to following the instructions:

MTS mode exiting diagnostics:

If the remote start has entered the MTS mode but exits the mode after the system is armed/locked. Check these for possible causes.

• The vehicle door has been opened or the security system has been triggered in your absence.

• Does the vehicle have a delayed dome light circuit or does the dome light come on when the ignition is shut off? If so you may need to go to the independent door inputs of the vehicle.

• If you are connected to the dome light wire in the vehicle and cannot connect the system to the individual door inputs of the vehicle due to it having normally closed door inputs, you can use the Xpresskit DTIMAZDA module or Tech Tip # 1921 at www.directechs.com to interface with these types of circuits.

• The E-brake wire connected to the neutral safety input of the system loses ground when ignition is turned off or after a certain amount of time, with these vehicles unfortunately there is no workaround.

• The E-brake wire connected to the neutral safety input of the system has a poor ground. Clean the contacts on the switch or replace the switch.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry, just trying other possibilities, yes I'm aware it's usually GREEN/ red with blue/black or green as the trunk triggers, I was just surprised about going through a black box as that generation of Civics didn't as far as I know have a dome light delay, simple circuit, 12V+ to bulbs then grounded through the door triggers, which incidentally get very corroded if they're the sliding type.
NONE of the other reasons are at all relevant to the dome light problem, got to be the unit.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
P.S. I found that diagram unreadable!
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
Hell it's your bloody car or you can't read a circuit diagram, I just had a close look at that diagram there's a warning bulb shown on the bloody instrument panel!!! pick up your door contacts there! Probable that it's in your instrument cluster but the bulb has failed.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
I must be blind. All I see are ceiling light, and trunk light. Where are  you seeing a warning bulb for the door trigger on that schematic? There's just a BLACK/ blue wire coming from the TRUNK pin going to the instrument panel. This is the trunk light that we already knew was present.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
It's hard to make out but right in the centre,N.B. if a car has one for the trunk, there's usually one for the doors.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

I can send you the PDF's I have. You're right, it's unclear on this website. The JDM and EDM market for these cars might be different than USDM such is why you're insisting the "Door Ajar" light is there. For some Honda Integra Type R (maybe other models) 94-97, they have a Door Ajar light. There are a few people who have swapped these gauge clusters into 96-00 civic but do not have any connection to use this light. The conversion is rather simple but the point is, my civic (USDM) does not have any Door Ajar lights. I don't think any USDM Civic has it. I used to have a 93 Civic Si, I can't recall if that had it. I have the factory service manual for my car as well as the wiring diagrams. I've looked high and low for an alternate solution to no avail.

Here is a link to some credible information about the pinouts in our gauge clusters:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1053318

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
OK, point taken, at least after you've looked at the plugs on the back of the gauges to see if there's a plug at the rear that has either a GREEN/ red or GREEN/ black wire that goes to 0v when a door is opened.
The point is, here we get JDM Civics, EDM (UK and French built) and even USDM, the Coupe. This was up to 2001. 2001-5 were similar,, but 2005 on drifted apart body and interior differences, the Integra is of course a re-bodied Civic.
zerovandez 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  

You guys get all of the good stuff! We have to deal with swaps and conversions which can get expensive quick. Care to send me some parts? Lol. As for the issue at hand, I can rewire the doors and the dome light but I think that's just overkill for something rather minor. I'm going to take your suggestion and rule out that it's a faulty unit I have, bummer. Send me your paypal address, I'll enclose a payment for a 12 pack of beers. Thanks and cheers, mate!

howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2011 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
Very kind but don't bother, now a carton of Kent deluxe if they're still sold in the US would be nice though...don't worry it doesn't matter.
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic