the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

how should i wire these subs?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sthrnbmpn 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2011 at 2:32 AM / IP Logged  
moham wrote:

Hmm, so your subs are 400W rms and 800W peak.

So if your running 2 subs at 2 ohm load, then thats 1000W from the amp, giving 500W to each sub.

If you were to get 4 subs, wouldnt it be only giving 250W per sub assuming your still using 2 ohm load?

What would sound better, 2 fairly powered subs or 4 underpowered subs?

(sorry im no expert, I just want to learn from your experiences) how should i wire these subs? - Page 4 - Last Post -- posted image.

i know haem said his head hurt on this thread (sorry about that), ill try an wrap this up, an to answer mohams question.
to my ears it was quite a bit louder, an your theory is what i was thinking too, 1000 watts is a 1000 watts no matter how many subs you put on it,
woofer cone area is doubled so im guessing that has sumthing to do with the audible difference, an as you can tell im winging it as i go along
2 subs in the trunk is what i always had then i randomly hooked up 2 in the backseat temporarily, ghetto rigging i know, but im not out to impress anybody, plus im changing my sub setup soon, so i just wanted to hear for myself 4 versus 2.
not much of quality difference going from 4 to 2 but ill have to put a few more hours of listening time on them, an change up my playlist to see if there is any to worry about.
1000 watts of lp, now need sum hp an mids
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic