icon

2011 chrysler town and country r/s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Looking for some info on the 2011 Chrysler T&C. I found this post but wasn't sure if anything has changed for 2011 wiring or bypass wise.
2010 Chrysler Town and Country
I am looking to just add remote start and am not too concerned with duplicating all the things the factory remote can do. After realizing the factory remote start needs to be activated @ the dealer via scan tool it makes no sense for me to go that route. My last vehicle (2009 Dodge Grand Caravan) had factory remote start and it was nice to have it all on one key but I imagine the cost savings and increased range with an aftermarket setup will make the extra FOB more then tolerable.
Any equipment preferences or suggestions for both bypass and R/S unit would be appreciated too. From some preliminary digging, looks like most of the major brands make an "all-in-one" bypass that makes the install rather painless.
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  

Haven't done a 2011 T&C but it looks like they haven't changed anything.  Any major brand of remote starter is good.  Compare the features.  Things like remote range, AUX outputs for the sliding doors, power hatch and defogger, etc.   Being as the factory FOBs will still work during a remote start, check out a Compustar CM6200 with the RF P1B SS remote / antenna kit ( http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P1B-SS.html ).  Very small one button remote with 5000" range that can also lock & unlock the doors.  The RF 1BAM 900SH is similar but will give you 3000' range.   With the CM6200 it is very easy to change / upgrade the remotes and even add the DroneMobile feature.

My favorite is still the iDatalink bypass with CH4 firmware and wired in the W2W mode.   Of course with the CM6200, you could use the Blade bypass module...

Let me know if you want info / pictures for Defroster connection.

Soldering is fun!
cmk0808ny 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  
where do you get the rf p1b ss kit?
is the rf 1bam 900sh still a current model? its not on compustars site but when googled it comes up?
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 22, 2011 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
What I use most on those is either of these Audiovox models: Pursuit PRO-9056C, or Prestige APS-901C.
They're both the same thing sold under different brand names---buy whichever you think has a nicer remote or you can get a better price on. I think the 901C's remote looks nicer.
Audiovox sells a rebadged ADS-manufactured bypass module branded as the Flashlogic FLCAN. It does need to be "flashed" or programmed with the correct firmware to work on your van. If you don't plan on buying the ($40-50) USB flashing tool, be sure to buy the product from a seller who will flash it for you.
The FLCAN has a data cable that will plug directly into the 901C/9056C, saving time and making for a much neater installation.
There's another option if you're interested in trying something else......the AS-9233ST. I've bought couple to try out, but I haven't had a chance to install one yet.
The 9233ST gives you the following:
--- two one-button remotes similar to the 9056C/901C, although they look different.
--- an alarm system that arms when you lock the doors using your OEM remote, and disarms when you unlock the doors using the OEM remote. It has a shock sensor, starter kill (but I don't think there's an easy way to install the starter kill in your van anyway), and protects the doors and rear hatch. It sounds the car horn if violated.
--- The third and coolest thing is that you can also activate the remote starter by pressing Lock, Unlock, then Lock on the OEM remote. So, when/if you don't need extended range, you can leave the aftermarket remote at home and just use OEM.
-----------------
Another option is the AS-9076C. It also activates by pressing Lock, Unlock, and Lock...........but it has no alarm, and also no remotes of its own. You would be limited to the OEM remote range and nothing more.
awdeclipse 
Copper - Posts: 285
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2011 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Are those Compustar models current models? At a quick glance I'm having trouble finding them. The link for the RF P1B SS worked but I couldn't find an online seller that quickly. Gotta call the local shop see what they are charging for it.
Looks like the CS-601S is an inexpensive all in one with decent range. If I can go further for a bit more money then I would consider that also.
@Chris
Thanks for the info, let me know how those AS-9233ST work out for you. Seems like a decent option/upgrade. I really like some of those features. Does the FLCAN plug into this module as well? I get lost in all this bypass stuff. Seems like they are all made by the same place and just rebadged, the iDatalink, xpresskits, etc... I would like to go with a D2D option, but from reading it seems like spending then extra few minutes at the bench to do W2W is worth the time. That and the fact you can mix and match brands.
tbird2340 
Copper - Posts: 363
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone find either of the Compustars online?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
should be on the site.
the i think the remodeled them to 1BS or P1BS-SS
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
should be on the site.
the i think the remodeled them to 1BS or P1BS-SS
I mean to actually purchase them..
tbird2340 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2011 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Haven't done a 2011 T&C but it looks like they haven't changed anything.  Any major brand of remote starter is good.  Compare the features.  Things like remote range, AUX outputs for the sliding doors, power hatch and defogger, etc.   Being as the factory FOBs will still work during a remote start, check out a Compustar CM6200 with the RF P1B SS remote / antenna kit ( http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P1B-SS.html ).  Very small one button remote with 5000" range that can also lock & unlock the doors.  The RF 1BAM 900SH is similar but will give you 3000' range.   With the CM6200 it is very easy to change / upgrade the remotes and even add the DroneMobile feature.

My favorite is still the iDatalink bypass with CH4 firmware and wired in the W2W mode.   Of course with the CM6200, you could use the Blade bypass module...

Let me know if you want info / pictures for Defroster connection.

kreg, so if I would go with a 1 button for my 2011 T&C I would / could still use my factory fob for the power sliders and lift gate? I could do this while the vehicle is remote started?
And yes, I would like info on the defrost. Thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic