icon

xk01 window roll up?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cat700 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2011 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Installed in a 03 Silverado Duramax Crew Cab, the directions say to hook to the Brown Acc Wire fromt he Relay, Is it the Second Accessory Wire in the Ignition Harness? Or another Brown wire? Theres no Diodes needed or just solder into this wire with a relay and go? Thanks all, did some searching but didn't find the info I'm looking for.
03 Silverado 4x4
Pioneer DVD Player
JL Audio 500W Amp
2x 12" JL Audio W3s
DEI Remote Start
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2011 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, it should be the thick second accessory wire in the steering column harness.
I think what they're trying to do is simply turn on the truck's accessory circuit to enable the power windows.
I remember that on the Trailblazers, the XK01 would sometimes work correctly on the window rollup, sometimes not. The XK01 is an older piece that was made by the original Trilogix before DEI (Xpresskit) bought them out.
They still make the XK01 but you might not be able to get full tech support from DEI if the window feature doesn't work. I'm sure they'll try to help you, but they might not know everything about the window feature.
I wonder if you might want to just make a couple of temporary connections and then try it out, just to see how it works before you do too much work.
groundzero2010 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
Curious if you got any information on the window rollup feature of the XK01. I just installed a Viper 5901 with a Xk01 on my 07 Trailblazer. Just finished and remote start is working like a charm along with door locks and parking lights. These were all features used from the XK01 through the data wire. Unfortunately I couldn't get the window rollup feature to work properly. I noticed there is a menu option to turn the window rollup feature on in the Xk01 instructions, but when I get to that menu selection it says to press the lock or unlock button on the aftermarket remote start to change the option. When I do this I don't get the LED response the instructions say I should.
If anyone one has any information on this feature I'd be very greatful!
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2011 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
If i remember correctly, I did a couple of Chevy trucks with xko1 and if you extend the pulses from the lock and unlock on the wires going towards the xko1 module front windows will only be control,
groundzero2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
You mind clarifying a little what you mean by extending the lock and unlock wires? I'm not using the lock/unlock wires from the Viper unit. I'm getting lock/unlock from the data wire on the OBD2 port provided to the XK01. Locks are working fine, and the windows might work fine but the instructions on the XK01 show the default setting for window rollup is turned off. I tried following the directions in changing the menu option to turn the window rollup on, but when I get to that point it doesn't take the input to change when I press the unlock button of the Viper remote. (which is stated in the Xk01 instructions)
xicano21 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2011 at 11:16 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry to be vague,I mean you should extend the negative pulse on the lock and unlock from xko1 while having the window roll option on. Now again I only did this on the chevy trucks not sure if it would work for the trailblazer but you can give it a shot. Fast way to do it, is to just pulse the unlock wire to ground for a about 5 sec.and see if the windows roll down. If windows roll down, then your in business and then you have the option to wire the windows on the comfort closure option on the alarm or wire them up independently with the extra channels
groundzero2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2011 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I haven't been able to change the option on the XK01. For some reason it isn't allowing the option change. I contacted xpresskit about my issues and they suggested I flash the XK01 module. So I'm currently waiting on my XKLoader2 to arrive in the mail. I hope this works. I don't want to have to spend the money on a DEI window module. :) I'll keep you posted.
groundzero2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2011 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I just got my XKLoader2 in and flashed my XK01 module. After I flashed it, I could program the option for window rollup feature. All I have connected from the XK01 module is the data wire that goes to the OBDII connector and the direct connect to the Viper 5901.
When I press the arm button on the Viper remote twice, the 2 front windows rollup together and then the driver rear window rolls up, followed by the passenger window. I'm pumped!
graywire 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hi groundzero 2010 I have been trying this option (window roll up) and it does not work, when I get to the point where you press lock or unlock it does nothing. I probably need to flash my XK01 too. just a question, is the XKloader expensive? I can learn to use it I'm sure I just need to know if it's worth it or I just get out of my house in the middle of the rain storm to roll up the windows.
Thanks.
Millenium Chevy Impala.
groundzero2010 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2011 at 7:26 AM / IP Logged  

graywire wrote:
Hi groundzero 2010 I have been trying this option (window roll up) and it does not work, when I get to the point where you press lock or unlock it does nothing. I probably need to flash my XK01 too. just a question, is the XKloader expensive? I can learn to use it I'm sure I just need to know if it's worth it or I just get out of my house in the middle of the rain storm to roll up the windows.

I had the same problem as you're having. I purchased the XK01 new and programmed it correctly the first time, but the window rollup option wouldn't change. I contacted xpresskit.com and they assured me I needed to reflash the module. Maybe its just another way for them to make more money.

I got my XKLoader2 from ebay. The sellers name was stereoware I believe. I think it was $30 dollars new?? It was well worth the purchase however the instructions for the XKLoader seemed wrong. I was expecting to have a actual program installed on my computer but all it did was install drivers on my computer and you have to go to their website and it flashes the module through their website. The main problem I had was I was using Firefox and it didn't work until I switched to Internet Explorer.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic