icon

Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2006ramcrazy 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2011 at 9:23 PM / IP Logged  
Would anyone have the wiring diagram for the 2011 F-150? I didn't see it under "Vehicle Wiring"
I also need to know what bypass I need.
I took my Viper out of the truck I just traded and I would like to install it in my new truck.
Thanks.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  

Nice truck!!!    Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 -- posted image.

DEI has the wiring info at :  http://www.readyremote.com/main.asp?make=Ford&model=F150

Ford is doing some interesting things with the 2011's. 

First check your key to see if there is a "SA" stamped on it.  No "SA" is standard 40 Bit Encryption.  Use any bypass module for PATS3 (that worked on 2009's).  My favorite, DEI 1100F, should work ( used one a 2010 F150 ).

If it has the "SA" stamp, it could still be 40 Bit.  Preform the test with a DMM outlined in the Fortin EVO-Ride Install Guide on page 5 :   https://ifar.ca/en/download/3626/preview.html

If it tests as 40 Bit, then use any PATS3 bypass.  If it tests as 80 bit, your options are limited.   You can use the EVO-Ride, DEI PKTX or the ADS AL CA with the  KLON process.  A "Key In the Box" will work.  "SA" keys can be found for under $10,  556UW is $15 and programming the new key goes the same sequence as the older 40 Bit keys.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 5:32 AM / IP Logged  
Almost forgot.   A little gotcha...   Use the (+) Parking Light wire at the SJB ( aka BCM ) in the passenger kick panel.
Soldering is fun!
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 5:51 AM / IP Logged  
Hey Kreg,
Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it.
My key does have SA on it but I'm not sure I am acknowledgeable enough to figure out if its 40 or 80 bit.
I didn't have any real problem with the install ion the dodge but that truck had a simple system.
I may have to find a pro for this one or just do the oem system which has very few options.
Again, appreciate all the info.
Jess
2011 F-250 Super Duty
racerjames76 
Silver - Posts: 581
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 1:14 PM / IP Logged  

Flash-Logic/Idatalink has that vehicle covered as long as you have 2 keys for programming. Very simple install. Another installer here said the parking light positive wire can be found in the large loom going to the engine compartment, located above the drivers footwell. I havent verified this so definitely used a DMM to test before hooking up anything!

To master and control electricity is perfection. *evil laugh*
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks....that procedure to determine which bit key I have seems simple enough....
I'm gonna give it a try... Wish me luck.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
kreg357 
Posted: September 27, 2011 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  

I believe you will find the F150 easier than the Dodge Ram.  You will have to lengthen a few wires if you make any connections at the SJB / BCM but being as you are re-using the Viper system you will have to add / splice some anyway.  Solder and heat shrink tube....  Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 -- posted image.

The note about the (+) Parking Lights was to keep you from using the (-) Parking Light wire and frying the light switch PCB.

Soldering is fun!
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
Well I'm not having much luck finding and buying a bypass for my truck.
Everytime I think I have the right one I am re-directed to another one (brand)
I tried to pick up the Flash-Logic/Idatalink "FLCAN" for my truck (I believe that's the right one) but I can't seem to be able to find a place that sells them online.
I've searched Google, ebay and a couple auto security sites and the webpages I do find it on don't offer a purchase, these sites seem to only be an advertisement for the product.
I'm not really sure where to buy it from. I stopped by a couple mobile security stores here locally and they refuse to sell me a bypass with out doing an install of "their" alarm which defeats my intentions of not having to purchase another alarm when I have a perfectly good Viper right here, which I'll add I already know how to use.
Any suggestions on where I can go online and actually buy the right bypass....
Thanks.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
mobileedgeny 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 8:49 PM / IP Logged  
just put a 556u in there with a blank 80 bit key. key should be around 25 at dealer. maybe ask dealer if they have a miscut.
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the suggestion but I'm trying to avoid the "Key-in-the-box"
2011 F-250 Super Duty
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic