icon

Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mobileedgeny 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
I've used that way plenty of times. it always starts fine for me. idatalink i believe also has a bypass. use an ads-al-ca. it will not require a key.
mobileedgeny 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
dei xpresskit also has a pktx module that requires no key.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  

Did you determine that your "SA" key is programmed as 80 bit?  The FLCan or ADS AL CA is a good choice but you must be registered with the KLON process and have the ADS USB cable to program the bypass module to the vehicle. 

The "key-in-the-box" is the least expensive and the key does not have to be cut for the lock, only the transponder has to be programmed.  A blank or mis-cut key won't turn the ignition cylinder and start the truck but will work as the transponder key-in-the-box. 

Your other choices are the EVO-Ride or DEI PKTX.  Not cheap but possible for the DIYer.

Soldering is fun!
2006ramcrazy 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
mobileedgeny wrote:
dei xpresskit also has a pktx module that requires no key.
Appreciate it... Yeah, I'm looking around the web right now...
The ADS-AL CA module requires a $40 USB cable to download the required firmware for the module to work... It also says you can only get firmware access if your a professional so that counts me out lol.
Unless I am misunderstanding, the Flashlogic module seems like my best choice for the features it offers and the online access to firmware. It doesn't appear to be accessible only to professionals.
I'm not sure if it also requires a special USB cable as well, there is no mention of it online.
I just gotta find a place to buy it and get this install done. :-)
I miss my remote start and hate not having the truck secured with an alarm.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
Flashlogic / FLCan = iDatalink / ADS AL CA      Still need to be registered to download and use KLON.
Soldering is fun!
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:

Did you determine that your "SA" key is programmed as 80 bit?  The FLCan or ADS AL CA is a good choice but you must be registered with the KLON process and have the ADS USB cable to program the bypass module to the vehicle. 

The "key-in-the-box" is the least expensive and the key does not have to be cut for the lock, only the transponder has to be programmed.  A blank or mis-cut key won't turn the ignition cylinder and start the truck but will work as the transponder key-in-the-box. 

Your other choices are the EVO-Ride or DEI PKTX.  Not cheap but possible for the DIYer.

Yes, it's 80 bit unfortunately...
As for the cost... I'm looking at it like this...I have a choice..I can buy a bypass for under $100 and install the Viper or I can spring for $289 and get the OEM plug & play remote start with no security so IMO the bypass is the better choice. :-)
Ford gives you the choice of "either" remote start OR security but not both at the same time using OEM parts. They are all plug and play but it Kinda sucks the way they do it but it is what it is.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2011 at 10:13 PM / IP Logged  
kreg357 wrote:
Flashlogic / FLCan = iDatalink / ADS AL CA      Still need to be registered to download and use KLON.
Yes but it looked like anyone can register...not just professionals.
I could be wrong, I didn't go to far into the registration process yet.
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  
I just wanted to jump in here and update this thread with some info that may help somebody else doing this type of install on a 2011...
Following the instructions on the Fortin EVO-Ride Install Guide on page 5 : https://ifar.ca/en/download/3626/preview.html I noticed the wire color in the 2011 is different then the instructions say...
The wire to test whether it's 40 or 80 bit is Yellow/red, not just yellow as the instructions show...
As for my install, I have not gotten very far with it... I've determined it's 80bit and I can find several places to buy the FLCAN online but so far I can't find anyone who is willing to program it for my truck and sell it to me over the counter. Not too many even want to do the install and the ones that will want several hundred dollars.
I may be forced to put my Viper 5901 on ebay and use that cash to just take the truck to best buy or something and get one installed...
Kreg, you were very right in being limited with the 80 bit.... Not too many around where I live even want to mess with it. They say it's very difficult to get around. I dunno, seems kinda silly to me.
Jess
2011 F-250 Super Duty
2006ramcrazy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to ask...
Does the "Key in the box" work regardless of the 80 bit setup?
According to the programing instructions for adding a third key, it will need to be cut to program it as you have to be able to turn the ignition on with the new key to get it to learn the transponder code.
I was think about going this route and just cutting off the key part and leaving just the head in the box. Sound feasible?
Thank you!
2011 F-250 Super Duty
kreg357 
Posted: November 20, 2011 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

Very feasible.  Go on FleaBay.  Get a N.I.B. 556UW universal bypass module for around $15.  Get a Ford 80 Bit "SA" key for about $20.  There is a N.I.B. PKTX listed for $44, too.

You can leave the key un-cut and still program it to the truck.  Just follow the normal programming procedure to add a new key using the two factory keys, then insert the blank key into the ignition switch and do a remote start.  Viper 5901 in a 2011 Ford F-150 - Page 2 -- posted image.  Getting the key cut, programming it to the truck and then removing the blade works, too.  Just secure the key head in the box so it can't shift.

The programming for the FLCAN or ADS module is a multi-step process.  Basically flash the program, install in vehilce and gather specific key data, remove from vehicle and upload data, download/flash bypass with specific program for vehicle, re-install in vehicle.  The blank key in the box is the least expensive, next is the PKTX and EVO-Ride ( both are DIY-able ).

Soldering is fun!
Page of 11

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic